High Test + High SHBG (Improved over 2 years with no TRT)

Yes, the thread is long and dry. I wanted to write what I was doing in a journal, and wanted it online just in case it could help someone. But it doesn’t keep you on the edge of your seat unfortunately.

Unrelated to all of this, all of my fillings were checked and changed to non metal over the years. I also tested my office for airborne mold contamination and found nothing. I sprayed bleach-solutions on the junctions of wall/floors where I thought moisture might reside (humid climate).

I have always said that my problems were much more convoluted than the guys on this board — and every step of the way, my goal has been to eliminate as many unknowns as possible.

You posted a link to a thai site, so I don’t know if you are in Thailand or not – but Proviron is legal there. It didn’t work for me, but I think that had to do with my other drug, Danazol, and I don’t think they play well together.

I stated in my journal that I wish I had tried something else before TRT, because once on TRT - there is no way to get clean results on whether something else works.

I would have tried Danazol and Proviron low-dose; and if it shut my own T down, so be it - I ended up on TRT anyway.

You have probably figured out that I am the “red headed step child” on this board and my opinions are not given much credence. However, everything I do has been backed up with before and after labs (blood, saliva and urine).

I don’t notice any references to Boron. Boron is the only thing that lowered my SHBG, but just like you, I started with such a high amount, it isn’t able to bring it down much. It WON’T hurt you; and you can read studies where doctors are promoting Boron supplementation for other reasons. The best Boron IMO is here.

Guys here don’t have a true understanding of SHBG and will tell you that you have high SHBG because of something you are doing wrong or whatever, yet the average guy here doesn’t have insane levels. Two of the doctors I consulted have said that some people are “genetically prone to high SHBG”.

And all the Testosterone in the world isn’t going to change my genetic predisposition to high SHBG. My T levels were pushed above 3000 and SHBG didn’t budge. You can give up a thousand things (I did) – and your SHBG value won’t move either.

I am hoping it works for you which is why I hope you will update your thread.

1 Like