High T, FSH, SHBG, Low E2 No Libido. My Lab Results (pellets)

Yesterday was the first day of my SIXTH (6th!) month since my last pellet insertion. Although that may not sound exciting, it is a substantial milestone. It is also the one year mark that I have been on TRT (pellets).

In the past cycles, by the first week of the fourth month, I wanted to die. Even though my T levels had not sagged terribly low, my body wanted more T to feel good. So I was getting pellet insertions every three months.

I was also still experimenting with what I would do to get the SHBG down. I started, stopped and tested SHBG twice to see if I could duplicate the reduction I was seeing.

Since then however, I have been on Danazol consistently for about 7 months.

I tested in Dec, and January and everything was at the correct levels. I stopped testing because I was afraid to let the numbers “poison” how good I felt. In other words, I was afraid that seeing the numbers (that might be low), subconsciously affect how I felt.

I am scheduled for a full panel in three weeks, to coincide with the end of my six month and to provide the end of cycle numbers my doctor requires.

I feel good; energetic; alert; happy; life is in color. Sexual arousal is good (it could ALWAYS be better, but I’m not greedy). One slightly new symptom is constant sleepiness and yawning, regardless of how many hours of sleep I get. This is different from being tired; I just yawn often and get sleepy. I wake often at night, but I am able to sleep, which is another positive change in my life.

In January, I stopped supplementing with DHEA, and my excessive hunger stopped. I also reduced my Vitamin D intake and my CBC numbers returned to normal. I have added a low dose iron supplement because of my last iron/ferritin check.

I also tested my Erythpoeitin levels to rule out Polycythemia Vera (usually indicated by high hematrocrit plus other symptoms). I was low-normal in that test which indicates it is something I will need to test every few years. I also tested my hematocrit in the morning, and at night to rule out dehydration.

I am actually EXCITED to see the next round of lab results!

1 Like