High SHBG on TRT

Currently on my TRT protocol I’m injecting 70mg of cypionate twice a week. I feel good, I gained muscle, more energy, more confident. But my libido is bad and my erections too. Is it probably better for my high SHBG to inject 140mg of test cyp once a week?. I read somewhere that is better once a week for guys with high SHBG, for guys with low SHBG is better more frequent injections, is that correct?.
I also take 12mg of boron, 25mg of DHEA, 0.25 anastrazole once a week, 500 IU HCG, Nettle root and sublingual sermorelin.

Why not try it for a week or two? Worst case is you don’t feel great, and go back to what you’re on now. It’s not going to hurt.

How has IGF-1 responded to sermorelin? Does not work for some people.
Sublingual may be absolutely ineffective.

Please post your lab work with ranges. Not just hormone levels.

0.25mg anastrozole is inadequate for most guys in 100mg T per week and more would be needed for 140mg/week.

Your E2 may be high and higher E2 typically leads to more SHBG.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

You are better off with steady T levels from frequent injections.

I have very high SHBG, last time I checked it was at 70. I had been taking Lisinopril and also benzos regularly, which I have cut back on and changed Lisinopril to Losartan. Boron definitely has some results, but they are transient for me.

I have also read that taking one shot weekly would be more beneficial. I attempted this but my body did not like the increased amount of test in 1 injection.

I actually recently just worked up to 70 mg of cypionate a week split into 2 doses. My body has some anxiety and blood pressure issues when my test gets too high. Therefore the once a week shot was out of the question for me, but it might work for you. If you try it out update this thread, im interested in the results.

Thank you guys very much. I will try 140 mg test cyp once a week, instead of 70mg twice a week. I also will take 0.50 anastrazole 24 hours after the injection

You need to post all lab results with ranges.

This will be worse. No one actually recommended that.

24 hours after injection, TT and FT are peaked and FT–>E2 conversion also peaked until you take anastrozole. Anastrozole does not reduce or remove any existing E2, that is mostly done in the liver.

Your objective is to keep E2 under control to manage E2’s effect on SHBG production in the liver.

I was taking 70mg of cypionate twice a week for two months, and my libido wasn’t good. What is the point of having perfect numbers if you don’t feel well. I’m just trying once a week for a while and see how it works. Than you KSman for helping me anyways.

I was addressing SHBG concerns.

You are flying blind without lab work.

Did you ever make the switch. I realize this is old. But hopefully your still around. Considering trying once a week.

Some times I think that you sell anastrazole, because you always tell everyone to use it, what it works for you it doesn’t work for everyone else, someone can get hurt with the use of Anastrazole, in my personal case Anastrazole will put my estrogen below 0