High SHBG, Low (?) T, Low Libido

It is also a patented product which allows the doctors to make a great deal of money on it. It is the most prescribed TRT application. Test suspensions are cheap.

Correct, the delivery systems are patented and doctors make a ton on them. My first endo refused anything but gels and creams.

1 Like

Are you saying the injections are preferred or the gels/creams? I’m inclined to try the cream since I have an Rx for it and it seems easier to me to apply that than to get an injection weekly. Just still unclear if the dosage is ok. I don’t want to over do it.

99% here inject testosterone, injecting test once weekly versus applying cream and having it stick to your cloths. You need a large dosage than most do to high SHBG.

The reading I’ve done today on high SHBG says that it can be caused by hyperthyroidism. Given my low T3 value, isn’t it weird I have a high SHBG value? I also rarely drink… I guess the only thing is I eat a pretty high fiber diet. Veggies and beans etc. Is this the one case where eating healthy is bad??

Also I’ve read boron can help lower SHBG. Can anyone comment on that?

Than it’s genetic and there’s nothing you can do to lower it expect TRT. Boron lower SHBG, if it actually worked guys wouldn’t need TRT. I think it’s a myth.

People assume that certain food are healthy for everyone, but everyone is biochemically different do to having different genes. You have naturally high SHBG, I have low SHBG.

I’ve seen guys with hypothyroidism and low SHBG begin thyroid treatment, 6 months later that have high SHBG. So if you increase FT3 your SHBG will only rise further. Low FT3 will hinger any fat loss potential.

I suggest selenium and iodine supplements to raise FT3, TSH will become useless then.

Injections are preferred over creams for many reasons. One of those reason is the T absorption rate of the creams. With injections you get 100% absorption but with gels and creams there are quite a few factors that can affect the rate. Read up: Comparison of the Effects of Testosterone Gels, Injections, and Pellets on Serum Hormones, Erythrocytosis, Lipids, and Prostate-Specific Antigen - PMC

1 Like

To give you a different perspective, Boron CAN lower SHBG. I have lab results where I tested before and after Boron supplementation and Boron did make a difference in SHBG. The other products (stinging nettle and tongkat ali) did not affect my blood results at all.

At one time, I didn’t think that Boron was helping. But it did. And unfortunately, there is no test that determines whether you are “genetically prone” to SHBG. That is what the doctors have said after eliminating all common reasons, when they couldn’t determine a cause.

My Pellet story and experiments: High T, FSH, SHBG, Low E2 No Libido. My Lab Results (pellets)

Awesome! How much boron were you taking?

Well I looked at my blood results from 4 years ago, and apparently back then I had SHBG of 41 nmol/L (range 11-80), Free T of 163 pg/mL (range 47-244), Total T 908 ng/dL (range 249-836). I feel like that last result had to have been a mistake or something though. Either way, it looks like something changed recently with SHBG so it wasn’t always high. I still had low libido symptoms back then too, but I think it’s worse now.

Oh sure it can lower it a little, but never by enough to make a difference for the fact that you’re on TRT. SHBG will be elevated for 24 hours after a workout, so if you run labs within this time frame SHBG will be momentarily elevated. Also the higher the SHBG the more it will fluctuate than it will if it was lower, people expect everything to be static within the body a never change.

I’ve never heard of anyone taking boron and it curing their high SHBG, they always end up on TRT, always.

My multi-vitamin has 1mg of boron, and each capsule of this boron has 3mg each. I have tried 1, 2, 3, and 4 capsules per day. I did not get better results after 2 capsules. There is no legitimate argument for not experimenting with Boron. This is not going to be your cure-all, but it is not going to hurt you to try either … other than the cost of the supplement.

If you looked at the link to my page, you will see that I have insanely high SHBG, so I would take anything if I thought it would help. And I continue to try …

I’m taking this boron: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SK66MHQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

BTW, I didn’t notice a vitamin D test … did you do one?

Got it, thanks for the info. Suck it’s so hard to lower it!!

I did get D tested, I was at 38 and the range was 30-100. I’ve been supplementing with 50,000IU once a week and also adding in 5,000IU a few days a week with K.

Meanwhile I drank a lot last night and I didn’t even wake up horny :confused:

Can someone comment on whether 175mg a week as cream would be a good starting point to try TRT? Is it low dose so that I shouldn’t expect to have any major negative side effects, but still high enough to give a little boost without totally blunting my body’s production?

If I take it and decide to stop, will my T levels be permanently affected/does your body stop producing T after you stop? Besides the stickyness, is there any reason I shouldnt try it?

Have you ever had your ferritin levels checked? High ferritin can greatly impair your libido and can raise RT3 which can give you hypothyroid like symptoms.

Unfortunately I didn’t get it tested this time around. I looked at my results from 2014 and I was at 63ng/mL (range 30-400) but that was obviously a long time ago… Either way, are my RT3 levels considered high?

I believe middle of the range is normal so I think your rT3 is fine. Ferritin is likely still okay if it was 63 a few years ago

Natural production will stop on any dosage because the pituitary gland thinks the testicles are again producing testosterone and shuts down until you stop TRT. I’ll counter your question with this one, is there a reason why you should spend the rest of your life with low to no libido and risk heart disease, CVD, alzheimer’s and dementia?

There’s no way to know how you will respond the 175mg cream, everyone’s different.

But I guess what I’m wondering is if the body goes back to producing the same amount as before TRT or if it produces even less?

And good question :), I’m not against TRT I just wanted to understand if there’s any negative consequences I should be aware of. And does 175mg sound like a good place to at least start off?

As you age your levels naturally go down, so in 60 years don’t expect your pituitary gland to be frozen in time and go back to previous levels where they are today. It really doesn’t matter because there would be no reason to stop TRT unless you want to go back to a state of suffering.

It’s like if you were Vit D deficient and you were forced to supplement Vit D, why would you stop supplementing at a later date?

That question was already answered.