High SHBG (etc.) Conundrum

Thanks KSman. I’m pissed that there are things he didn’t test for (especially rT3) that are relevant parts of this puzzle. How much goddamn time does one have to go and get blood drawn, and then wait for the results again? Frustrating as all hell.

Regarding T3, you marked my Free T3 number as being mid-range but then said my T3 is low. Just trying to understand – Is my Free T3 low? [EDIT: SORRY, I see what you wrote now. My T3 is lower than mid-range. Got it. Thanks.]

Yes, I’m taking a chelated multi-mineral supplement that contains lots of selenium, plus I’ll eat a few brazil nuts for a little extra every day. I have no fishy odor or any of the other purported symtpoms of bromide displacement, other than what I mentioned.

In recent years I have occasionally used iodized salt here and there, but not nearly enough. I’d been using pink Himalayan salt at home for the most part, using iodized salt packets on occasion when eating takeout somewhere. For a while (until a couple months ago) I was taking some kelp/iodine tablets as supplementation, but I think only about 400 mcg/day worth.

E2 from a few weeks ago (if you scroll up) was 14.8, so low-normal-ish, but I’m curious now to look into E1, E3 and total estrogens. Thanks again.

(I’m half wondering if there is no solution.)

KSman, is there any likelihood that my doing Iodoral therapy at present, given what we know thus far, is in any way harmful?

Also, if I do get additional thyroid blood work done in the coming days/weeks, will the Iodoral therapy complicate that or throw the readings off?

Thanks again.

Edit: 97.8 upon waking this morning, and 97.4 at 6:00 pm today. Weird.

97.1 this morning, but up to a whopping 98.2 at 6:30 pm just now! Woo hoo!

(Am I going to die . . . ?)

I’m still on the 50mg of Iodoral per day, with today being Day 8, and seem to have passed the tough part. No symptoms now regarding bromide excretion, as far as I can tell. But the first few days gave me some serious brain fog and bouts of lethargy. Feeling fine now, however.

I’ve been doing the 4 tablets (total of 50 mg) of Iodoral for two full weeks now. My morning temperature is up to 97.9 but my (late) afternoon temperature is only 98.2.

At this stage, should I stay on the Iodoral much longer? If so, for how long, and at what dosage?