High School Bulking Breakfast

I’m in high school at the moment, generally meaning that I have to be out the door fairly early in the morning. This kinda means that my breakfast is usually pretty unsubstantial. At best, I’ll have a bowl of muesli or yogurt with fruit. But sometimes I only eat two slices of toast and some milk. Just wondering if any of the other high school people are on here, what do you normally eat to pack in some quick calories in the morning?

Wake up earlier

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Wake up earlier[/quote]
This.

Also I used to make my own MRP shake when I was much younger and wanted to bulk up…
I forget the amounts but it included:

• Chocolate whey protein
  • Some left over casein protein
  • Powdered oats (blended the buggers myself)
  • Skimmed milk powder
  • Cinnamon (lots of it)
  • Crushed multivitamins (could have taken them separately really but I was young and silly :P)

I would make this up in big ass batches in old protein shake containers.

Would whack into a shaker with a LOT of milk (whatever type I could find) and drink down the oaty mess as quickly as possible.

Occasionally some olive oil or an egg would be thrown in.

But for you if you really are in a hurry:
Buy some protein powder (chocolate - very versatile).
Put into blender with some natural peanut butter and milk/water/whatever (even coconut milk if you are feeling fancy/have spare monies).
Drink.
Eat 1-2 pieces of fruit as you head out the door.

Other then that… simply get up earlier and make something more sensible.

I make my breakfast the night before, or at least prepare it so that I can make it really quickly. For example If i want to make an omelet I will crack the eggs and wisk in a bowl, cut up the veggies and put all in the fridge. In the morning all I have to do is put it in the pan, wait like 3 min to cook, then eat

Here is a quick easy and might I add delicious breakfast recipie. Plain bagel, or whatever else you want. Throw it in the toaster. Crack 2-3 eggs into a plastic container which is about the same diameter as a bagel, you can buy a little tupperware or if you have a plastic or glass measuring cup or even a small microwave safe bowl, scramble your eggs quickly and microwave for 1-1.5 minutes. (1 minute for 2 eggs seems to work for me.)

Now from here you can get creative but I take my bagel out, throw a litle butter on it, put a slice of cheese on it, throw the egg on it, put a slice or two of ham on it, a little honey mustard, some more cheese, butter the other half of the bagel and complete the sandwich. This literally takes less than 5 minutes to make and you can take it with you and eat it on the way to school/work.

Nutritional information for this sandwich made with 2 eggs is 867 Calories, 38 G fat, 46 G protein, 77G carbohydrates. Bump up the egg cheese or ham for more proteing and or fat.

V

I’m not sure how school is in Hong Kong, but when we were in high school, pretty much everyday somebody would make a deli run either before school or by 1st or 2nd period (which is still only about an hour or so after waking up). That meant glorious egg sammiches stuffed with cheese, bacon, and/or sausage.

Aside from that, I’d agree with everything that’s been said. Nutrient-dense shakes can be made ridiculously fast, thrown into a bottle,and downed on the go. Or, set your alarm a whopping 10 minutes earlier, stagger into the kitchen, and throw something together.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Wake up earlier[/quote]

This. It would behoove you in many facets of life to learn to be a early riser.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Wake up earlier[/quote]

This. It would behoove you in many facets of life to learn to be a early riser.[/quote]

I work up at 5:50 this morning. I hated myself all day long lol.

Waking up earlier is hard unless you have a strict sleep schedule…otherwise its hard to motivate yourself to get up.

Just gottaaa wake up earlier. I had to wake up at 5:40 to make sure I had time to make my own breakfast. That is ridiculously early for someone in high school but, you’ve got to do whats necessary.

[quote]Petermus wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Wake up earlier[/quote]

This. It would behoove you in many facets of life to learn to be a early riser.[/quote]

Waking up earlier is hard unless you have a strict sleep schedule…otherwise its hard to motivate yourself to get up. [/quote]

So get a stricter sleep schedule?

Back to the breakfast thing, in high school this was a normal breakfast for me:
Waffles, eggs, yogurt, orange juice.
I would usually eat those things.

[quote]Petermus wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Wake up earlier[/quote]

Waking up earlier is hard unless you have a strict sleep schedule…otherwise its hard to motivate yourself to get up. [/quote]

I wake up at 5:30 every morning. Your body will learn to love it. Just be in bed by 10-11.

It takes 5 minutes to cook up some beef, or make oatmeal, or many other things. You don’t have 5 minutes?

My breakfast here in the dorms consists of 2 scoops whey, 3 tbsp natural peanut butter, huge glass of water. Pretty simple but it’s quick.

On a side note, I love the new pb I’ve been getting. It has peanuts and flaxseed oil in it. Omega 3’s ftw.

get up early eggs & rye bread quick simple and it will make you go.

Once upon a time I could have complained of the exact same problem as you. But I realized:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Wake up earlier[/quote]

[/thread]

Wake up 10 minutes earlier then you can have whatever you want.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Would whack into a shaker … and drink down the … mess as quickly as possible.
[/quote]

i’m a little sleep-deprived from staying up to write a long paper in a foreign language, and this is what i initially got from the post.

THanks for the advice guys.
Chris, yeah, we have a cafe in our school, so I get my second meal at around 10. Usually a sandwich of some kind.

If you’re like me, waking up earlier is not really an option. I’m late 4/5 times when I have to start early, because I’m a terrible sleeper.

I just throw some milk, a banana, whey, peanutbutter and some olive oil in the blender, mix it up and drink it while I’m on my way. Takes a minute to make tops, and it’s a little over 800 calories right there.

I hate getting up a moment sooner than I have to. I put 80g of oats, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 40g of raisins and 300ml of milk in a bowl. Leave it in the fridge overnight. Good to eat cold in the morning.
660 calories
45g protien
105g carbs
10g fat