T Nation

High School 700lb Bench

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/texas-senior-sets-bench-press-record-astonishing-700-101340413.html

Awesome! Just sucks he is so short… Not sure if that will work in his favor in terms of getting into much… Definitely has the strength so he could always become a powerlifter if football doesn’t work out.

-fat
-drugs
-shirt
-wrist wraps
-belt
-arch
-wide grip

normal BB bench he would be lucky to get one rep with 2 plates.

"If you need something to help you work out, you need to get out of the sport,? Poursoltani told the Morning News. ?If you can?t drive yourself that hard to come in here and work out, then it?s probably just not for you.?

Dropping knowledge-bombs.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
"If you need something to help you work out, you need to get out of the sport,? Poursoltani told the Morning News. ?If you can?t drive yourself that hard to come in here and work out, then it?s probably just not for you.?

Dropping knowledge-bombs.[/quote]

Right, everyone knows that once you start taking AAS, you automatically get huge without having to work hard.

Crazy shit for a high schooler. My guess is that he sucks at football, but is ridiculously strong.

lol

He should focus on lifting, football for most lasts how long?

What happens if he has a serious injury, no lifting and ball time then.

Poursoltani, that’s definitely a Persian name. There appears to be no shortage of big and strong guys from Iran or of Iranian descent

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

Dropping knowledge-bombs.[/quote]

Right, everyone knows that once you start taking AAS, you automatically get huge without having to work hard.

Crazy shit for a high schooler. My guess is that he sucks at football, but is ridiculously strong.[/quote]

If you take AAS you simply don’t belong in a high-school weight room with other students, it’s as simple as that.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
-fat
-drugs
-shirt
-wrist wraps
-belt
-arch
-wide grip

normal BB bench he would be lucky to get one rep with 2 plates. [/quote]

I really cant tell if you are just strange or a troll who knows how to commit

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
-fat
-drugs
-shirt
-wrist wraps
-belt
-arch
-wide grip

So because someone uses all of his leverages to his advantage, he’s not an impressive lifter? Well fuck you too.

CS

that shits nuts i dont care if hes on gear or not 99% of the lames that would criticize him for being on gear couldnt achieve that with and endless bank account and supply of gear. If he plays ball half as well as he lifts he might catch a div 1 squad.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
-fat
-drugs
-shirt
-wrist wraps
-belt
-arch
-wide grip

So because someone uses all of his leverages to his advantage, he’s not an impressive lifter? Well fuck you too.

CS[/quote]
Wrist wraps? That’s cheating! You can’t wear wrist wraps! It’s not fair! And he’s short, that’s not fair either. His arms should be surgically lengthened so his leverage is as bad as mine!

But seriously I would be curious to know what his best raw bench is. It’s gotta be 400+ for sure, maybe even 500+ I wonder?

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
-fat
-drugs
-shirt
-wrist wraps
-belt
-arch
-wide grip

CS[/quote]

it was a joke.

Guy at my gym who has a 700 shirted bench has a 500 raw bench. A lot of the pro multiply lifters will hit a 900 shirted bench about the same time as they can do a 600 raw bench. Just for reference. 500 raw bench in high school is certainly amazing. Article is full of bullshit though. They made it sound like he could bench more than all but a couple linemen in the NFL lol.

I wish they had said the words “bench shirt” just once in the article. This kind of shit seriously confuses the layman. Mike Jenkins recently wrote an article about bench press for strongman. He said whenever some random person asks how much he can bench, he just lies and says “700 pounds”, to which they usually reply “that’s not bad”. Seriously…

[quote]csulli wrote:
Guy at my gym who has a 700 shirted bench has a 500 raw bench. A lot of the pro multiply lifters will hit a 900 shirted bench about the same time as they can do a 600 raw bench. Just for reference. 500 raw bench in high school is certainly amazing. Article is full of bullshit though. They made it sound like he could bench more than all but a couple linemen in the NFL lol.

I wish they had said the words “bench shirt” just once in the article. This kind of shit seriously confuses the layman. Mike Jenkins recently wrote an article about bench press for strongman. He said whenever some random person asks how much he can bench, he just lies and says “700 pounds”, to which they usually reply “that’s not bad”. Seriously… [/quote]

Ya that kind of rubbed me the wrong way too. Not taking anything away from that kid. He is a killer BPer to say the least but there is quite a difference between raw 700 and geared 700. Both are certainly remarkable though.

beat Mark Henry’s record of 20yrs

[quote]csulli wrote:

I wish they had said the words “bench shirt” just once in the article. This kind of shit seriously confuses the layman. Mike Jenkins recently wrote an article about bench press for strongman. He said whenever some random person asks how much he can bench, he just lies and says “700 pounds”, to which they usually reply “that’s not bad”. Seriously… [/quote]

Makes you wonder if Mr Random persons knows what 700lbs feels like.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

Makes you wonder if Mr Random persons knows what 700lbs feels like.[/quote]
See that’s the thing man, uninformed people hear about things like 900 benches all over the place and a high schooler benching 700 and multiple people with 1000lbs benches etc. Nobody EVER qualifies it or explains it. Then when they hear that Eric Spoto benched 700 they think “yeah not too bad.” Or when they hear that Kaz used to bench in the 660 range they think “well I guess that was good for back then”.

I know it doesn’t really matter. It’s just a pet peeve of mine I suppose.

this kids gonna be a hater magnet. think about semi-serious to serious guys who have trained 10 years plus who will never hit this mark. or even hit his raw for that matter. deep down inside the hate is boiling, shit i was a little jealous at first this kids raw is probobly more then mine and hes in highschool. thats almost as bad as having a female stronger then you and im not gonna lie i look for women bb’s and pl prs just to make shure and keep my ego intact.