High Rep Training

[quote]Uscumla Beograd wrote:
I don’t have equiment for sled , and what is GHR bench .[/quote]

A GHR bench is a special piece of equipment - here’s a link to a pic on the elitefts site.

www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=167&pid=679

-Dan

[quote]honkie wrote:
Don’t load it till you get it checked out. [/quote]

I’ve been at doctor and he said that I have a small swelling and that is what is presring nerve and cause pain in my hand .

DeFranco advocates high rep training for one day in his WestSide for Skinny Bastard’s routine. Personally, I like the change from heavy/low reps to moderate/high reps (15-20), and I know my muscles feel the difference.

In general, a 220 lbs. lean guy will defeat a 280 lbs. well-muscled guy (been there, done that). The larger a person is, whether fat or muscle, the harder it is to get all that mass going. Simple laws of physics. In addition, one type of development tends to exclude other. If you are huge, you usually won’t have the same endurance.

I have sparred quite a few times with opponents who were more heavily muscled than I and it was very easy to stay away from them. This is why I say someone who can do higher reps will have an advantage.

Of course, the ideal is huge AND fast. At the pro level, just like in football, the guys will be faster. But the relationship still holds true. That’s why you don’t see many 300 lbs. wide-receivers.

So, don’t give up on high reps. When you can do 100 pushups with each hand and 30 pistols with each leg, you’ll laugh at the heavyduty dudes.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
In general, a 220 lbs. lean guy will defeat a 280 lbs. well-muscled guy (been there, done that). The larger a person is, whether fat or muscle, the harder it is to get all that mass going. Simple laws of physics. In addition, one type of development tends to exclude other. If you are huge, you usually won’t have the same endurance.

I have sparred quite a few times with opponents who were more heavily muscled than I and it was very easy to stay away from them. This is why I say someone who can do higher reps will have an advantage.

Of course, the ideal is huge AND fast. At the pro level, just like in football, the guys will be faster. But the relationship still holds true. That’s why you don’t see many 300 lbs. wide-receivers.

So, don’t give up on high reps. When you can do 100 pushups with each hand and 30 pistols with each leg, you’ll laugh at the heavyduty dudes.[/quote]

The guy who started this thread never wanted to fight anyone. He just has an injured wrist. I said that, instead of going exclusively for high reps while he’s injured, he should try plenty of sets of low reps with short rests. Why people started talking about small guys being able to beat up big guys is beyond me.

Why should one want to do 100 pushups with one hand if his goal is appearance. Or doing better in PL/OL/SM? Is reaching that goal equally hard for someone 6’5" and 240lbs and somenone 5’6" and 140lbs?

[quote]slotan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

So, don’t give up on high reps. When you can do 100 pushups with each hand and 30 pistols with each leg, you’ll laugh at the heavyduty dudes.

The guy who started this thread never wanted to fight anyone. He just has an injured wrist. I said that, instead of going exclusively for high reps while he’s injured, he should try plenty of sets of low reps with short rests. Why people started talking about small guys being able to beat up big guys is beyond me.

Why should one want to do 100 pushups with one hand if his goal is appearance. Or doing better in PL/OL/SM? Is reaching that goal equally hard for someone 6’5" and 240lbs and somenone 5’6" and 140lbs?[/quote]

You agre with slotan . I was looking for training exemple from T-Nation archive.