T Nation

High Quality Creatine

How do you know if the creatine you are taking is quality? I’m not sure if this is true but I read in MensHealth and it said that low quality creatines sink to the bottom.

[quote]fartmonkey64 wrote:
How do you know if the creatine you are taking is quality? I’m not sure if this is true but I read in MensHealth and it said that low quality creatines sink to the bottom.[/quote]

If you buy the Biotest Creatine sold here you don’t have to worry it’s high quality Creatine. Go into the T-Nation store and read up on it.

D

How do you know if the creatine you are taking is quality? I’m not sure if this is true but I read in MensHealth and it said that low quality creatines sink to the bottom.[/quote]

Never heard that rule myself. Generally most things will sink to the bottom in a glass of water, yes?

CreaPure is a good creatine to go with, sometimes called German Creatine. They sell it on this very website in the Biotest Store(cheap I might add)… They also sell some good protein bars and other stuff. Check it out.

Ya-safest bet is buy the creatine here. Its cheap as hell and you know your getting quality. Then you don’t need a silly test.

I read in MensHealth[/quote]

why are you reading menshealth?

a good quality creatine is micronized and thus a very fine powder. though a little clumping may occur, it still disperses in water completely. whether or not it sinks to the bottom is a matter of dissolving, if you put it in cold water, don’t expect it to dissolve right away.

either way, just keep shaking or stirring the mix. the creatine will dissolve right away when it hits your stomach.

I’ve never come across creatine that doesn’t sink to the bottom… maybe I’m missing something.

[quote]critter wrote:
fartmonkey64 wrote:
How do you know if the creatine you are taking is quality? I’m not sure if this is true but I read in MensHealth and it said that low quality creatines sink to the bottom.

I’ve never come across creatine that doesn’t sink to the bottom… maybe I’m missing something.[/quote]

I didn’t want to say it without going home and checking just in case, but I concur, all creatine I can think of has.

Yeah the stuff reaches saturation pretty quickly, it's no big deal at all...Biotest sells german "creapure" I believe, it's very good, very cheap, and a very nice amount,500gms.

Don't fall for any creatine Hyped products...it's just companies making extra bucks off people who don't know any better..

The effervescent has a slight advantage for folks who don't quite tolerate it stomach wise, otherwise just get the regular creatine monohydrate...and we've all told you where to get that now.

cheers, ToneBone

Mix it in a hot liquid if you dont want it to sink and to dissolve in totality if not dont sweat it just get er in that trap and down it

Phill

Interestingly enough, they just did a study on Creatine Ethyl Ester and Kre-Alkalyn:

Interesting if you ask me. Creatine Monohydrate for the win.