High Pulls as a Secondary Exercise

CT

I’ve had a lot of success using the setup of wave ladders followed by doing 30 reps as fast as possible, and then loaded carries. In the past three months all of my lifts have gone up, i’ve lost 15 lbs and look bigger and thicker overall. Thanks again for all the info you give us!

Right now however, I am looking to change up the loading scheme and main exercises. I’ve been using high pulls as a main exercise for about a year now and i feel I am stagnating in it. My problem is that I love doing high pulls! The main lower body lifts I am going to use will be front squat and deadlift. Is there a way to safely add high pulls in as a secondary/assistance exercise so that I can still get my fix?

[quote]Final Argument wrote:
CT

I’ve had a lot of success using the setup of wave ladders followed by doing 30 reps as fast as possible, and then loaded carries. In the past three months all of my lifts have gone up, i’ve lost 15 lbs and look bigger and thicker overall. Thanks again for all the info you give us!

Right now however, I am looking to change up the loading scheme and main exercises. I’ve been using high pulls as a main exercise for about a year now and i feel I am stagnating in it. My problem is that I love doing high pulls! The main lower body lifts I am going to use will be front squat and deadlift. Is there a way to safely add high pulls in as a secondary/assistance exercise so that I can still get my fix? [/quote]

Sure, use high pulls prior to deadlifts and/or front squats. 5 sets of 3 to 5 reps

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Final Argument wrote:
CT

Right now however, I am looking to change up the loading scheme and main exercises. I’ve been using high pulls as a main exercise for about a year now and i feel I am stagnating in it. My problem is that I love doing high pulls! The main lower body lifts I am going to use will be front squat and deadlift. Is there a way to safely add high pulls in as a secondary/assistance exercise so that I can still get my fix? [/quote]

Sure, use high pulls prior to deadlifts and/or front squats. 5 sets of 3 to 5 reps[/quote]

@ 80-90% 1RM ?