T Nation

High Pull Extended Sets, Replacment Sets

CT:

For the Fat Loss Layers and Normal Hypertrophy Layers, I forgot the recommendation when extended sets are called for. I think its a straight set approach. And for max pump replacement you liked Power Cleans from the blocks I remember that one.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
CT:

For the Fat Loss Layers and Normal Hypertrophy Layers, I forgot the recommendation when extended sets are called for. I think its a straight set approach. And for max pump replacement you liked Power Cleans from the blocks I remember that one. [/quote]

Yesm it’s called the ‘‘hard 5’’… 3 sets of 5 reps with 80%, about 20-30 seconds of rest between sets

I’m doing the max muscle layering and this month the HDL is the Extended sets… This was the only exercise I didnt think it worked great on. I’m going into the Hard 5’s after this week, and that just sounded a lot better for this particular exercise intuitively so I’m glad to see it is what you recommend.

@Lonnie: Nice Silver Man. Grip it and rip it.

@CT:

Also for the Fat Loss Layer the last recommendation is one HDL Extended set. Based on the above for High Pulls I would replace it with one set 80% of 1 RM.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
@CT:

Also for the Fat Loss Layer the last recommendation is one HDL Extended set. Based on the above for High Pulls I would replace it with one set 80% of 1 RM. [/quote]

3 sets of 5 at 80% with 20-30 sec of rest between sets

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I’m doing the max muscle layering and this month the HDL is the Extended sets… This was the only exercise I didnt think it worked great on. I’m going into the Hard 5’s after this week, and that just sounded a lot better for this particular exercise intuitively so I’m glad to see it is what you recommend.

[/quote]

I also like hard5HDL with squats -and also deads- instead of extended sets or descending HDL. Have had great results with both lifts since I made the switch.