T Nation

High Protein & Bathroom Trips

I just got on a high protein diet plan, and this is pretty much the first time i have been eating nutritious and lately it seems that i have had to take a shit about 5 times a day, and when i do its not to much. Dont get me wrong i love crapping, but im getting concerned, and raw.

one of the many benefits of eating a lot.

Buy baby wipes if your getting raw.

I get a lot of reading done (if you get my meaning) thanks to my diet.

S

When it comes to frequency and consistency, milled flax seed should help dial in both those issues. Make sure you drink plenty of water though.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
When it comes to frequency and consistency, milled flax seed should help dial in both those issues. Make sure you drink plenty of water though.[/quote]

You’re right. Fiber is a necessity on high protein/low carb diets. Otherwise your screen name might end up “Loose Stool”!

… sorry, couldn’t resist.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
You’re right. Fiber is a necessity on high protein/low carb diets. Otherwise your screen name might end up “Loose Stool”!
… sorry, couldn’t resist.

[/quote]

Loose stools get the bad rap that too loose stools deserve.

Buy bulk forming fiber supplements. Psyllium husk works best imo.

[quote]jared530 wrote:
I just got on a high protein diet plan, and this is pretty much the first time i have been eating nutritious and lately it seems that i have had to take a shit about 5 times a day, and when i do its not to much. Dont get me wrong i love crapping, but im getting concerned, and raw.[/quote]

My motto is when bulking, if you shit more than 3x per day you are getting enough calories. Keep with it. I was up to an average of 6 one time…too much.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
jared530 wrote:
I just got on a high protein diet plan, and this is pretty much the first time i have been eating nutritious and lately it seems that i have had to take a shit about 5 times a day, and when i do its not to much. Dont get me wrong i love crapping, but im getting concerned, and raw.

My motto is when bulking, if you shit more than 3x per day you are getting enough calories. Keep with it. I was up to an average of 6 one time…too much.

[/quote]

TOP advice. But Rockscar - 6!?!?! that must have been a ring on fire.

I had this problem for awhile when I started eating clean but once I figured out I had to rotate my proteins(not eat chicken for every meal) it got better. Also fiber is your friend. I probably used to get like 10g of fiber a day and now I get 45-50g depending on if it’s a lifting day or not. Keeps me down to 1-2 visits to the bathroom a day. Stick with it, eating good gets better.

PeterD

I’m with Rockscar on this one, if you’re not hitting the crapper enough in any given day you’re not eating enough.

5 is a bit much, get some Benefiber and flax seeds.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
I’m with Rockscar on this one, if you’re not hitting the crapper enough in any given day you’re not eating enough.

5 is a bit much, get some Benefiber and flax seeds. [/quote]

Man, I’m doin something REALLY wrong, I only do that once a day.

I go like clockwork,… in fact, I usually go at the same time(s) each day during the workweek.

S

[quote]Audi wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

5 is a bit much, get some Benefiber and flax seeds.

Man, I’m doin something REALLY wrong, I only do that once a day.[/quote]

haha i read somewhere that NORMAL can be anywhere from a few times a day to once every other day. so i wouldn’t worry too much.

I keep myself down to four dumps a day by eating a lot of raw spinach and celery.