High Prolactin Levels, Decreased Sex Drive. Help?

Hi, i have got a blood test and it shows that i have a high level of Prolactin. It was 461 mIU/L. The normal level is 45-375. i have been suffering from decreased Libido, sex drive, ununderstandable headaches (diziness), not a very manly chest. Above that all it was really hard for me to put on strength gains in the last year. I‘m 21 years old, powerlifter. 215lbs 5‘8 around 20% bodyfat.
With the amount of weekly heavy lifting i have, my hormones should be through the roof. I need advice on what happening with me, what should i do.
Important to say : i have never been on any kind of hormonal steroids. The 2 illegal things i took are Clenbuterol and ephedrine and as much as i know, both are not hormonal related.
I am seriously worried as i have an appoitment with my family doctor in 3 days and i just can‘t stop thinking about it.
I would like to hear from professionals and people who have experience with it. I really appreicate any help!

Stay strong!

Not my area of knowledge, but I do know there are solutions, and you shouldn’t stress.

Primary Prolactin Inhibitor Supplements:

1. Vitamin B6 (this is the one I hear about most)
  2. Vitamin E
  3. SAM-e

Cabergoline is also a medication used to control increased prolactin.

Hopefully you will get some more solid answers with people who have had the same issue.

Myth: Lifting does increase T from general increased circulation at that time, but the average or area under the curve does not.

Labs needed:
TT
FT
E2
prolactin=461 [45-373]
CBC
TSH
fT3
fT4

Some medications can increase prolactin. So can recent orgasms or cuddling {babies | puppies | kittens}. So you might need to avoid and retest.

The danger is a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma. Not rare! A MRI can sometimes image this. If ignored and the adinoma get large it presses on the optic nerve and width of peripheral vision [check this!] can be reduced from what should be near 180 degrees. Can get worse that that. The adinoma is shrunk and managed with 0.5mg/week Dosinex/cabergoline, so do not panic.

High prolactin reduces LH/FSH and T levels and can contribute to gyno. Mood is poor as this also reduces dopamine and dopamine release reward/joy mechanism. Cabergoline increases dopamine which reduces cabergoline indirectly.

Prolactin is released during orgasm that then leads to loss of erection and the refractory period.

When guys have low T with low LH/FSH we ask that prolactin be tested.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

I have retook a test today 2 hours after waking up, here are the results. Looks like i have Low test +High Prolactin, although it is in Hebrew but numbers and Test and so are in English. IGF result still not here.
I really appreciate your help!

Screenshot_20180219-175713|243x500

If is important to get TT and FT or TT and SHBG

Should not test GH directly, IGF-1 is the best indicator of GH status.
I see IGF-1 with no data. GH is too time variable.

Should test LH and FSH. LH changes too much, FSH often a better indicator of LH status than LH itself.

With second high prolactin result, a MRI can be used to diagnose. But in my mind one could simply move to Dostinex/cabergoline and if problems resolve that would be diagnostic enough for me. But heath care systems may need that MRI result to commence a life-time of that medication.

Any sign of gyno? Prolactin can contribute to that.

You can certainly comment on some points like peripheral vision, mood and gyno.

How long do you now suspect that prolactin have been causing problems?

I think it was for the past 5-6 months. I have done an MRI and a sight seeing test. No problems so far. I will post the test with the IGF results too.
Should i insist on having caborgoline in the next appointment with my doctor or it is not a must? Thanks agian!

I posted the results.

have you started aby treatment?