High Prolactin, Joints Pain, Next to Zero Results in Gym

Hi everyone.
First: my results below

Testosteron is Total Tst and “Testosteron wolny” is free T. :slight_smile:
I’m week 20 on trt (test enant. e3,5day 50mg = 100mg a week)
Today I weigh 110kg with 170cm so my BMI = obesity.
My start weight was 118 when I started TRT - I also started gym back then and reduced my calorie intake to 1800 a day.
Since august 2017 I train REALLY solid 4 days a week, sometimes 5 (70-90 minutes which is half/half cardio and lifing).
I quit alcohol almost completely (before I used to drink 4-5 beers a day) - I been on SSRI for years.

Everything changed for better - besides I still am fatty - my mood is really good, I can do 5 kilometers in 30 minutes on orbitrek on medium settings I can see that my dimensions go lower (weight is rather dropping slowly but I can see difference when putting on clothes).

I take Euthyrox for my thyroid (my body temp oscilated between 96,44 and 97,7F)

Doctor says that my high’ish prolactine is FUNCTIONAL DISORDER and no treatment is needed (I assume that he means, I’m fatty)
What You think? Is my joints pain and struggle to put on muscle is related to prolactine?
I eat lots of proteins and creatine too.
Or maybe I’m just impatient? It is not more than half a year :slight_smile:

SSRI’s can raise prolactin and cause you to gain weight even while on TRT, these are mind altering drugs and they can affect your pituitary gland in a negative way by causing pituitary gland disorders.

It amazes that doctors prescribe SSRI’s and don’t check hormone levels, but when taking testosterone only then do they check your hormone levels.

That’s it
I’ve been on ssri for years

All I needed was to check my hormones, after I found that I have T next to nothing, everything “clicked” into place. Went to 4 or 5 doctors until I’ve found one that knew something about trt. I had to tune up protocol and find what bloodwork I need to do, but finally I am close to be fine.

I don’t remember being that vital in like 15 years. I need no alcohol anymore to keep going. Of course I still have some issues like anxiety and terrible neck and shoulders ache (due to extreme stiff neck muscles due to anxiety and sedative work) but I am ABLE to wake up 5 am and go to gym, when year ago I’ve been depressed zombie whole day :slight_smile:

Back to original question :slight_smile: anyone can add something?

Those labs were on TRT?
For how long for labs?

TSH should be near 1.0
Your body temps are low?
You have low energy.
You are under medicated!
fT3 is the only active thyroid hormone and it has not been tested.
Get fT3 tested, no indirect analogs.
There is no known T4 receptor.

Leading up to needing thyroid meds…
What was your history of using iodized salt?
Others in same home have some thyroid issues?

Prolactin probably from a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma which lowers LH/FSH and then T is lower and also lowers dopamine. Why am I depressed? That can be lower dopamine, low T and low thyroid function combined. Nothing to do with fatty.

We often see a MRI done to look at the pituitary. If adinoma gets large it can press on the optic nerves and a sign of that would be reduced width of peripheral vision which should be near 180 degrees.

Useful:
waist size
weight
other medical issues
other medications

E2=4,2 is horrible. You need 0.5mg anastrozole at time of each T injection. Optimal is E2=22pg/ml. Your E2 range above is wrong, probably should be <42, less than 42.

Your T levels are very mid-range for 50mg T twice a week. Did you miss any doses prior to lab work? You may be a testosterone hyper metabolizer. You are injecting 0,5ml 100mg/ml T or 0,25ml 200mg/ml T?

Your SSRI was probably needed because of thyroid, prolactin and T problems. You need to taper off of SSRI. Reduce dose some how then take last dose on a Thursday and then you will have a rough weekend as your brain starts to rewire it self. You will probably have some brain electric events, do not panic, just relax. These can go on for a few weeks.

Please see “oral body temperatures” below and post these. This is very informative.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Hi

Yes labs are on trt. 20 weeks into therapy

Labs are done in last day before I pin I never miss my shots always have them on time

My body temp is between 35,6 and 36,5 Celsius.

I started taking euthyrox N25

I eat ionized salt most of my life

I had MRI scan, nothing wrong showed up

I’m 40

110 kg

170 height

Working out 4 to 5 times a week since August 17

1800 kcal diet regime for past 2 months

I been taking 10 mg of iodine but given up as been prescribed euthyrox

You are right i pasted ranges from something else as range for e2.

Proper range is 25,8…60,7

I inject 50mg every 3,5 days

Can i use clomifen as ai?

What to do with prolactin? Bromcriptin?

I’m off of ssri already