High Metabolism?

i’m currently trying to bulk up. i know a main part of it is eating, i’m working hard on that. i also work out regularly. and i take advanced whey 52g of protein per serving. can i please have tips on gaining mass (quick if possible)?

also what can i do about having a high metabolism?

my routine: (i got this routine from a guy who use to bodybuild)

monday:chest, tris, shoulders

tuesday:back, biceps

wednesday:off

thursday:legs

friday:chest, tris, shoulders

monday:back, biceps

tuesday:off

wednesday:legs

thursday:chest, tris, shoulders

friday:back, biceps

monday:off

tuesday:legs

wednesday:chest, tris, shoulders

thursday:back, biceps

friday:legs

monday:chest, tris, shoulders

tuesday:back, biceps

wednesday:legs

thursday:off

friday:chest, tris, shoulders

How many total calories are you consuming a day? Take that number and add more.

yeah i know for a fact that i eat more than my egular diet (at least 1000 more). just trying to get tips and secrets on building muscle. i notice when i work out i mainly get ripped. and i add more weight every week

Go to fitday.com and log in your food intake for about three days, just to give yourself an idea of how much your actually eating. Some people would be suprised to see how few calories they’re intaking. If your not making gains its most likely your diet. How are you lifting, sets and rep wise? Besides, muscle gains don’t happen over night, its a slow process.

yeah i’m aware that it takes time. i tried to get really serious but something always comes up like one time i was hitting it hard than i cut my finger with a saw so i had to stop and another i had my wisdom teeth pulled so “knock on wood” it wont happen again. but i do warm up sets than i do like 3-4 sets of 10s.

Consistancy is key. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Quik tips -

1. EAT ALOT AND FREQUENTLY
  2. Make sure you have a good post workout shake - 50 grams of whey isolate, 50 grams of dextrose or maltodextrine maby some creatine and glutamine at 5g’s each!
  3. BIG COMPLEX MOVEMENTS - dead lifts, squats, power cleans…etx, those hit lots of muscles
  4. SLEEP - get 8 hours a night
  5. DONT OVERTRAIN youl just kill your gains all together
  6. LIFT AS HEAVY AS POSSIBLE if it doest hurt your not working hard enough

[quote]Dave.F wrote:
Quik tips -

2. Make sure you have a good post workout shake - 50 grams of whey isolate, 50 grams of dextrose or maltodextrine maby some creatine and glutamine at 5g’s each!
  3. BIG COMPLEX MOVEMENTS - dead lifts, squats, power cleans…etx, those hit lots of muscles
  6. LIFT AS HEAVY AS POSSIBLE if it doest hurt your not working hard enough[/quote]

Can’t go wrong there. Solid advice.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Dave.F wrote:
Quik tips -

6. LIFT AS HEAVY AS POSSIBLE if it doest hurt your not working hard enough

Can’t go wrong there. Solid advice.[/quote]

Yeah I agree BUT

1. DONT OVERTRAIN youl just kill your gains all together

I’m a member of the anti-overtraining club :smiley: I believe theres no such thing as overtraining, theres only undereating and undersleeping. (to an extent of course, my point is that you should by no means limit yourself to a set number of sets/reps in fear of overtraining, just find what works for you otherwise you’re most likely gonna UNDertrain).
I hear this 10 times a week at the gym…

“Damn dude my chest doesn’t feel sore from my last workout…”

“Why don’t you jack up the volume a bit?”

“No way, my workout says 4x10, I don’t wanna overtrain!”

Just keep that in mind, good luck

thanks for all the advice i’m sure it will help

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
elusive wrote:

Yeah I agree BUT

1. DONT OVERTRAIN youl just kill your gains all together

I’m a member of the anti-overtraining club :smiley: I believe theres no such thing as overtraining, theres only undereating and undersleeping. (to an extent of course, my point is that you should by no means limit yourself to a set number of sets/reps in fear of overtraining, just find what works for you otherwise you’re most likely gonna UNDertrain).
I hear this 10 times a week at the gym…

“Damn dude my chest doesn’t feel sore from my last workout…”

“Why don’t you jack up the volume a bit?”

“No way, my workout says 4x10, I don’t wanna overtrain!”

Just keep that in mind, good luck

[/quote]

Good Advice! Im with you on that! You can train with a little more volume or even more frequently without over training if you are ingesting enough calories to repair and rebuild properly and Getting enough sleep is a given!..Just some things to think about!