High Hematocrit and Bilirubin

Got my lab results back and hematacrit is at 54 and bilirubin is at 1.3 which is only .1 high. Im donating blood on monday so that should help and I will start skipping the last shot of every month as well. Anything else I should do? It was at 51 last time which is much better so not sure why the big jump.

RBC 5.75 slightly high too
hemoblobin 18.0
hematocrit 54.2
lymphocytes 16.5 range is 24-44
bilirubin total 1.3

Eveything else was perfect.

Test was 973 and I take 100 mgs of test a week.

How are you feeling?

1. mood - E2, thyroid
  2. tolerance - E2
  3. energy - E2, thyroid
  4. initiative - E2, thyroid
  5. libido and performance - E2, thyroid

Low thyroid function can negatively affect all of the above criteria, please see last paragraph for more.

T peaks matter. Please inject 50mg T twice a week. This will help.

Avoid added iron in:

• vitamins, men’s formula are iron free
  • fortified flour, rice, bread, pasta

Take a mini aspirin every day, might find ‘coated’. This makes red blood cells slippery.

Avoid dehydration in general and in prep for fasting blood work.

We can read a lot into “everything else was perfect”. Please post.

Bilirubin (formerly referred to as haematoidin and discovered by Rudolf Virchow in 1847[1]) is a yellow compound that occurs in the normal catabolic pathway that breaks down heme in vertebrates. This catabolism is a necessary process in the body’s clearance of waste products that arise from the destruction of aged red blood cells.

Bilirubin expected to improve.

Your well-being on TRT really depends on FT and E2 and these should be checked routinely. Most require anastrozole to actively manage E2, 0.5mg at time of your injections twice a week in your case. Some are over-responders who need 1/4th of that expected dose.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Thanks for the reply! I left my results at work but I will post tomorrow when I’m there. My estrogen levels haven’t been an issue since I started trt 3 years ago but I’ll post my fill results tomorrow. Thanks man it’s greatly appreciated.

How is this going for you?

WRONG. Most do not require.