High Fructose Corn Syrup = Evil

so I scanned, but didn’t see this mentioned on the HRT forum yet.

Here is just a tiny sampling of articles - I also found it interesting how the recent princeton study linked HFCS to metabolic disorder - which seems to come up in some HRT conversations (plus insulin resistance, glucose problems, etc - and how that relates to Cortisol and Thyroid problems - which then relates to Testosterone and Estrogen issues and the cascading effects and interconnections continue).

rats on a diet rich in high-fructose corn syrup showed characteristic signs of a dangerous condition known in humans as the metabolic syndrome, including abnormal weight gain, significant increases in circulating triglycerides and augmented fat deposition, especially visceral fat around the belly

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/thank_you_for_guzzling_corn_syrup_2

I know that when I try to diet and still eat HFCS I have cravings and can’t stick to my diet (I don’t stand a chance), but when I eliminate HFCS I can easily stick to my diet plan. HFCS is just plain bad mojo.

If you read the nutrition panel you would be amazed at how many products have HFCS. But some manufactures are starting to wise up as I have seen a number of products now advertising they are HFCS free.

what are your thoughts, or your experiences with HFCS?

ok, well I thought the T-Nation threads would support the idea, but when I dug into them they are really just people bickering back and forth, but that was before the princeton study.

I admittedly haven’t read the studies, but was there a control group that was fed “pure” sugar as well as the HCFS group? I’m of the opinion that there’s not really a huge difference in the havoc wrecked on your body with HCFS compared to regular sugar. They’re almost chemically identical and I don’t think the extra 5% fructose or whatever it is really can be blamed.

It always cracks me up when I see these new HCFS adds claiming that HCFS is a ‘sweet surprise’ and really no worse for you than sugar. Well no shit! It ain’t exactly like sugar is NOT contributing to our expanding waistlines and poor health.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
ok, well I thought the T-Nation threads would support the idea, but when I dug into them they are really just people bickering back and forth, but that was before the princeton study.[/quote]

Haha, we are always bickering back and forth it seems like. It’s too bad we don’t encourage each other since we all basically complain about the same shit. I was reading through a testicular cancer site for HRT ideas, and I’ll say that those guys don’t give a shit abt being able to get it up. They are just happy to be alive. Interestingly enough, most of the guys are on Testim/Androgel 5g daily and feel fine. It makes me feel horrible about all the times I got so depressed for feeling blue for being impotent; especially after seeing a dude get literally eaten by chemotherapy and despite his body saying WTF is going on, he has the ability to smile for a pic. My hats off to them and the radical prostatectomy guys.

the study proves how dangerous HFCS is to your body.

It causes a metabolic train wreck. Read the princeton study. It is very informative.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
the study proves how dangerous HFCS is to your body.

It causes a metabolic train wreck. Read the princeton study. It is very informative.[/quote]

The link you posted is no longer found (according to when I click on it). Do you have a name of the study?

it looks like they moved it.

it shows a direct comparison to a diet on sugar to a diet on HFCS and how bad HFCS is for you.