High Frequency Tricep Ideas

My triceps are lagging in both size and strength. I have had success with high frequency training to target deficiencies in the past. I have done squats, bench and pull up programs, 4-5 times a week for 6-8 weeks before.

Has anyone ever done something similar for triceps?

I was thinking of maybe dips? Or maybe close grip bench?

I was thinking of a heavy day, light day, off repeat.

I would stick to a push/pull/legs spilt while eating a decent surplus.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Did you see this thread? Not quite what you’re asking but may help

Dips and CGBP, yes. They hit all the heads. Or whichever exercise you feel the best. Also, If 4-5x worked for you before then it’s a good reason to apply the same template to tris. Heavy/Light is cool, but why fix something if it worked well in the past? That’s my op.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
I have had success with high frequency training to target deficiencies in the past.[/quote]
If you’ve found principles that worked in the past, definitely make sure you stick with them. Makes no sense not to. Doing high frequency tri work will just be trickier because you need to account for their role in chest and shoulder work, and program accordingly.

I’ve always liked a “overhead” movement, something like overhead extensions, PJR pullovers, or lying french presses (with shoulder extension). Whatever you “sacrifice” in total weight moved you make up for in complete muscle recruitment.

How exactly would you work triceps specialization into push/pull/legs? What would your week look like?

Check these out:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_ultimate_triceps_program

If you want to do some high rep stuff every day get yourself some bands from elitefts. I just loop one over the door and hit a few reps of pushdowns every so often through the day.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
How exactly would you work triceps specialization into push/pull/legs? What would your week look like?[/quote]

I have decided to do bench dip 5 days a week on top of my regular Push/Pull/Legs/Off program.

I have chairs in my home that I can use. I will alternate with adding weights to hit different rep ranges. I was going to have 1 day be a “challenge” day, to see how many reps I can get in 10 minutes. Kind of like the ‘density’ concept.

I might experiment with the bands idea too.

CGBP on the smith machine for high reps (ala John Meadows) and bench dips. I definitely notice the growth in my triceps after incorporating these.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
How exactly would you work triceps specialization into push/pull/legs? What would your week look like?[/quote]

I have decided to do bench dip 5 days a week on top of my regular Push/Pull/Legs/Off program.

I have chairs in my home that I can use. I will alternate with adding weights to hit different rep ranges. I was going to have 1 day be a “challenge” day, to see how many reps I can get in 10 minutes. Kind of like the ‘density’ concept.

I might experiment with the bands idea too.[/quote]

Bench dips 5x a week sounds like a recipe for shoulder issues in my opinion. I avoid bench dips all together and stick to parallel bars…I just think it puts your shoulders in such a vulnerable position, the risk outweighs the reward for me