Week 3
Day 1:â??2x5 at 70% of 1RM
Day 2:â??2x5 at 55% of 1RM
Day 3:â??2x5 at 65% of 1RM
Day 4:â??2x5 at 50% of 1RM
Day 5:â??2x5 at 65% of 1RM

Week 4:
Day 1: Test your 1 RM and adjust percentages accordingly

Hey, I plan to use this progression for a couple of movements. It seems pretty light, but I think it will produce results atleast because of neural factors. Anyway, when progress stalls, should I up the percentages? I did a pr of 130 kg squat and then I have not squatted for 2 months, just done front squat. Any suggestion how to up the percantages? Thanks.

Do it before thinking about making adjustments. Try to do it exactly as outlined so you have a good baseline to compare future experience with. If you change things from the start, you can’t give a reasonable assessment of it.

If progress stalls, you’ll have a feel for what to do based on recovery and whether you feel like you get enough training with heavy weights. If it’s too much work, you might try doing less reps. If you get stapled when testing your max, it might be useful to make one day slightly heavier and another day lighter to recover from the heavier day. If it works, do the exact same thing. Typically programs provide decent gains when followed exactly as outlined the first few times so you might as well keep it simple for now and do it as outlined instead of getting ahead of yourself.

Take notes for each session to help you remember how training felt, what worked and possible improvements. If you plan to do it for back squat then use a training max that allows you to complete the entire cycle. If you start off too heavy and can’t complete the program or fail too often, you won’t yield the full benefits.