High Frequency, Sub Max Training

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

Nice article signifying the benefits of high frequency and sub maximal output training. [/quote]
Definitely an interesting program. Kinda reminiscent of the “high frequency strength work” Thib talked about on the forum a few years ago:

And I always feel it relevant to mention that Waterbury was a huge proponent of high frequency work even more years ago. This article from 2006 lays out a five step approach that builds up to more intense high frequency work:

[/quote]

Awesome finds!

This is more volume than it is frequency, but I remember Waterbury wrote about a Bulgarian? wrestler who never went above 60kg’s on the squat. He squatted for sets of 10 or 20 and just squatted until he felt like stopping. Had tree trunks for legs.

There was another article based solely on two brothers who performed on stage/circus/vegas?
They didn’t lift weights, or had even a solid lifting program. They basically just moved each others bodies every day and had the physique of a bodybuilder.

I always did gravitate Waterbury, not only because he trained MMA fighters, but the anecdotal evidence he gave blew my mind.