T Nation

High Frequency Modification

Hi Coach,

I saw one of your other posts regarding short workouts with high frequency in which you recommended performing this rep scheme for the movements with each movement performed 3 times per week.

WORKOUT 1: 6/6/4/4/2/2/1/1 (increasing the weight every set or two sets)
WORKOUT 2: 3 x 5 (lower volume/stress, don't go all out, focus on technical perfection
WORKOUT 3: 5/4/3/2/1 (increasing the weight every set if possible)

If I simply wanted to perform one lift at a higher frequency to start my sessions (Front squats but I might eventually switch to TBDL of SGDL) followed by some assistance, could it work to spread the workouts out like this:

Workout 1: 6/4/2/1
Workout 2: 2x5 (low stress focusing on technical perfection)
Workout 3: 6/4/2/1
Workout 4: 2x5 (low stress focusing on technical perfection)
Workout 5: 5/4/3/2/1(Increasing weight every set if possible

Please let me know your thoughts on spreading out the volume to increase the frequency of this lift. Thank you so much for your advice and knowledge!

Good Afternoon Max,

I've been wondering about this trend myself; not necessarily your particular rep scheme but the higher frequency/ lower volume programs in general. I came across a program regarding squatting everyday and Coach Thibaudeau has an article regarding biceps curls each day for three or four weeks. I've also noticed articles advocating 13 workouts a week.

Thank you for your question.