High Frequency Bulgarian Training

[quote]Curls4Girls wrote:
I see the Bulgarian method work every day being that my training partners and I run a version of it.

Your body adapts, none of our group run AAS to my knowledge.

We are all previous Sheiko users and strong believer in Sheiko. A method such as the Bulgarian method will tear you apart if you do not have near perfect form. Which a method such as Sheiko’s will ensure, (perfect form from the intense volume ect)

There is not much to it, you slowly start adding in more days, sessions. Benching 4+ days a week working up to 100+ % is intense but you would be surprised at how quickly you adapt.

I do however stand by Sheiko being one of the better options in the PL world mainly by the amount of high level PLers it has created.[/quote]

I’d agree with you entirely. I get bored as fuck though. Strangely enough this is unique to Sheiko for some reason. Not sure why–I can do the bulgarian variant of daily squatting or whatever just fine but If I do all three lifts ala Sheiko I get bored out of my mind. Maybe it’s being in the gym for the length of time necessary to do the workout volume.

Sheiko can definitely be time consuming, if you have a partner running it with you and are disciplined with your rest periods you can definitely scoot it along.

In regards to Sheiko I strongly believe it should be trained with the usage of a Tendo unit or something of the sort, since you are usually only going to the 80-85% range so should be making sure to get optimal speed/power through every set. Plus the Tendo is perfect for knowing when to cut you lifts on the skills evaluation day in certain Sheiko templates.

I do have a coach, i don’t think he has coached world class lifters tought. perhaps i can be the first :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

A couple things I might suggest you think about trying: 1st, alternate front and back squat days. I think it might help your upper back and quads especially if you are not pulling much heavy weight in the deadlift. Not necessary at all, just a thought. 2nd, consider doing a single assistance exercise for your weakest muscle group on the bench press after your singles, something like 3 sets of 8-12 just to move some blood in there (like Sheiko’s program calling for dumbbell flyes). Nothing near failure or hard struggle obviously. I would take similar guidelines to Thib’s NC workouts almost. I would not do this for the squat. Only 1 lift at a time IMHO, at least for as long as you can get away with it.

[/quote]

I have tried to alternate between back and front before but I still have trouble doing front squats. I still intend on improving my form but for now there won’t be any heavy front squatting. I do perform isolation exercises for bench. At the end of every bench session, I would perform a couple sets of high reps tricep rope pulldowns superset with face pulls. The goal as you mentioned was to get blood moving and face pull to keep my shoulders healthy. I also do heavy rows 1-2x a week and I try to do pull ups everyday but I just keep failing to keep it up lol

Sheiko is something that I have been thinking about when I decide to switch things up. Any recommendations on the order of Sheiko template to be performed though?

[quote]Curls4Girls wrote:
Sheiko can definitely be time consuming, if you have a partner running it with you and are disciplined with your rest periods you can definitely scoot it along.

In regards to Sheiko I strongly believe it should be trained with the usage of a Tendo unit or something of the sort, since you are usually only going to the 80-85% range so should be making sure to get optimal speed/power through every set. Plus the Tendo is perfect for knowing when to cut you lifts on the skills evaluation day in certain Sheiko templates.[/quote]

If I had the spare money for a Tendo unit lying around you can bet your ass I’d have one hooked up at all times lol.

[quote]Doh wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

A couple things I might suggest you think about trying: 1st, alternate front and back squat days. I think it might help your upper back and quads especially if you are not pulling much heavy weight in the deadlift. Not necessary at all, just a thought. 2nd, consider doing a single assistance exercise for your weakest muscle group on the bench press after your singles, something like 3 sets of 8-12 just to move some blood in there (like Sheiko’s program calling for dumbbell flyes). Nothing near failure or hard struggle obviously. I would take similar guidelines to Thib’s NC workouts almost. I would not do this for the squat. Only 1 lift at a time IMHO, at least for as long as you can get away with it.

[/quote]

I have tried to alternate between back and front before but I still have trouble doing front squats. I still intend on improving my form but for now there won’t be any heavy front squatting. I do perform isolation exercises for bench. At the end of every bench session, I would perform a couple sets of high reps tricep rope pulldowns superset with face pulls. The goal as you mentioned was to get blood moving and face pull to keep my shoulders healthy. I also do heavy rows 1-2x a week and I try to do pull ups everyday but I just keep failing to keep it up lol

Sheiko is something that I have been thinking about when I decide to switch things up. Any recommendations on the order of Sheiko template to be performed though?[/quote]

Regarding pull-ups, I would just do some in your warm-up. I mean, do your foam rolling and mobility drills and throw some back work in there. It’ll make sure you get some done. Or you could do lat pulldowns during warm-ups instead (just for volume’s sake–chins bother my elbows if thrown in daily so I often use lat pulldown for daily work). You get stuck at the top of your bench press?

Curls4Girls would be the guy to talk to about Sheiko I think, I haven’t run it enough to really be expert in it. Maybe Storm, not sure.

[quote]andresarpi wrote:
I do have a coach, i don’t think he has coached world class lifters tought. perhaps i can be the first :P[/quote]

Go for it man, hope you are :). I was asking because of your statements regarding the Bulgarian style of training (either modified or original) and the fact you said you hadn’t read the thread, that’s all.

[quote]Doh wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[/quote]

Sheiko is something that I have been thinking about when I decide to switch things up. Any recommendations on the order of Sheiko template to be performed though?[/quote]

Honestly, from the Sheiko templates online, it does not really matter which ones you run as long as you do them fully, every rep, every set. Sheiko will perfect your form and condition your body but GPP is a must. Do not move to the CMS templates until you are a CMS, do not move to the MS templates until you are an MS, and as for MSIC, I am not sure if Talmant even posted any of those to the public.

If you go to the Raw Unity website there is a link for a very good Sheiko training discussion board.

All I really recommend is that you should [u] pause every rep on bench [/u] and [u] walk out/sink every squat to depth or more [/u]

32-29-and the MS/CMS comp prep are very good cycles, 29-32 can be continuously cycled. (preferably in that order because i would put your skills eval test on the 5th or 6th week)

Kade Weber wrote about using Sheiko as a foundation to his training and then moving to one of the Russian power programs that allowed for more higher percentages of weight to be used but a little decrease in volume on the heavier days.

Thanks for the information. Ever since I started training Bulgarian style, I’ve been pausing every rep for bench and squatting ATG. I will definitely check out the Raw Unity forum thank you.