T Nation

High Freqency Strength Reps

Just wondering would doing the rep scheme fro 20 minute 5,1,1,20 be ok to use or would it be better to use the 5,4,3,2,1 with building mass the goal,thanks

[quote]boppa818 wrote:
Just wondering would doing the rep scheme fro 20 minute 5,1,1,20 be ok to use or would it be better to use the 5,4,3,2,1 with building mass the goal,thanks[/quote]

What do you mean? Doing 5,1,1,20 everyday? What do you mean by high frequency?

Sorry CT I ment with your high frequancy strength programe training five execises with reps being 5,4,3,1 5 days a week,would it be ok to use the rep scheme from the 20minute programe 5,1,1,20 instead,hope that makes sense

[quote]boppa818 wrote:
Sorry CT I ment with your high frequancy strength programe training five execises with reps being 5,4,3,1 5 days a week,would it be ok to use the rep scheme from the 20minute programe 5,1,1,20 instead,hope that makes sense[/quote]
Sorry its 5,4,3,2,1

[quote]boppa818 wrote:
Sorry CT I ment with your high frequancy strength programe training five execises with reps being 5,4,3,1 5 days a week,would it be ok to use the rep scheme from the 20minute programe 5,1,1,20 instead,hope that makes sense[/quote]

No, the set of 20 is too much volume to recover from when doing lifts 5x a week

Ok thankyou I will give this routine a good go

Also needs to be reminded. With frequency, it needs to activate more than it fatigues you. Its the cumulative volume of work over the whole week not how hard you worked out that day. Its kinda strange at first because its a different theory than what you were probably taught growing up playing sports or lifting.

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:
Also needs to be reminded. With frequency, it needs to activate more than it fatigues you. Its the cumulative volume of work over the whole week not how hard you worked out that day. Its kinda strange at first because its a different theory than what you were probably taught growing up playing sports or lifting.[/quote]
So you have done it? Very keen on it myself but keen to know what sort of gains you made

I’ve done higher frequency workouts. Are you doing the built for bad circuits?

This is not the same routine but Sensei does the 5/4/3/2/1 Rep Scheme in this video

Ive been intrigued in doing the workout but the gym I workout is going through a remodel. Turf, sleds, prowlers, tires are all new. But he got rid of a power rack and a squat rack. So I’m left with one Squat Rack and dumb bells are only at 50. Once the remodel is complete Ill probably try it out. Always wanted to but the gym set up was never right

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:
I’ve done higher frequency workouts. Are you doing the built for bad circuits?[/quote]
Yep thats the one im going to do,after some size etc

Im sure it will work great. CT always puts out top notch stuff and super knowledgable (i dont think he actually sleeps, he just acquires knowledge at night). You follow the plan and eat good you should get some nice results from it.

[quote]jtamez17 wrote:
Im sure it will work great. CT always puts out top notch stuff and super knowledgable (i dont think he actually sleeps, he just acquires knowledge at night). You follow the plan and eat good you should get some nice results from it. [/quote]

The eating part is important. There are no magical programs. That’s one thing I learned over the years. Hard work gets results, not something drawn on a piece of paper regardless how smart. BUT a solid program can be more motivating, and when you are motivated you train harder, and when you train harder you get more gains.

But to get those gains you must fuel the body properly. When I did the built for bad strength circuits I was having a monster amount of PLAZMA and MAG-10 everyday as well as eating a solid caloric surplus.

I eat pretty clean and I use creatine before and after workouts,will give routine a good shot and see how it goes thanks

Just one more question please,with the sets 5,4,3,2,1 dose 2.5 kg jumps per set sound right or is that too little? Thanks

[quote]boppa818 wrote:
Just one more question please,with the sets 5,4,3,2,1 dose 2.5 kg jumps per set sound right or is that too little? Thanks[/quote]

If you are doing an exercise like biceps curl it would be fine… with big exercise like deadlifts/squat’s it’s not enough.

A good starting point (that can be adjusted depending on how it feels) is:

5 reps = 75%
4 reps = 80%
3 reps = 85%
2 reps = 90%
1 rep = 95%

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]boppa818 wrote:
Just one more question please,with the sets 5,4,3,2,1 dose 2.5 kg jumps per set sound right or is that too little? Thanks[/quote]

If you are doing an exercise like biceps curl it would be fine… with big exercise like deadlifts/squat’s it’s not enough.

A good starting point (that can be adjusted depending on how it feels) is:

5 reps = 75%
4 reps = 80%
3 reps = 85%
2 reps = 90%
1 rep = 95%[/quote]
thanks CT