T Nation

High Estrogen Levels in Blood Work

Got blood work and my estrogen was 180 and my testosterone was 500, my doctor informed me my estrogen was to high and my T to estrogen level was to low. Anybody know how to lower estrogen levels, I was informed stop eating soy?

Legal OTC Supplement : DIM (diindolylmethane)

Prescription Drug: anastrozole

Improve gut, liver health and reduce systemic inflammation as much as possible.

T aromatizes to E. E is metabolized and cleared by the liver and secondarily by the gut.

Also you really need a male sensitive estradiol test with ranges and units. You likely just received a total estrogen test. Estradiol or e2 is what you want tested. Ideal range is 20-30 pg/ml.

I personally think natural cures for hormonal issues like High E or Low T are highly ineffective.

If you are eating a healthy high protein diet, getting enough sleep, training with heavy weights and taking vitamin D there’s very little that can be done naturally.

Raj is spot on with his advice. Anastrozole will prevent T from turning into E. Thus raising T while at the same time lowering E.

Ask your doctor about it if he/she knows anything (and most General practitioners don’t) they will prescribe anastrozole… Your E levels are way, way out of control–Don’t wait.

What units does the lab use? I recently freaked out when my estradiol went up 10x between lab tests, but it turned out the new lab used different units and I was actually quite fine.