High E2 Sides vs Low E2 Sides?

I didn’t mean to start a TRT war here. Just looking for all of your advice and opinions from your own personal experience, I appreciate it!

I’ve been doing plenty of reading and studying, before I even started TRT. @dbossa is the main reason why I started with only T and no AI or anything else. I also know we are all a little different in our bodies and how we respond. I’m definitely in the camp of not wanting to put anything in my body that I don’t have to, so I am continuing with my current weekly T dosage only, but splitting it into EOD instead of E3.5D. Will see how I feel on that, and will be getting my labs in a month and will re-evaluate then.

Yes, you should definitely do this thing that buys you maybe 3-4 weeks of lower numbers before you’re right back where you started.

You always were! You just needed a bit of time to realize it :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, a year ago this place was AI city. Now, not so much. I’m actually proud of you guys :wink:

1 Like

It was more common but wasn’t as extreme as your rants made it seem :joy:

1 Like

You DID get a little less dogmatic, which was our main issue. We were saying virtually identical things all along, I just didn’t like the absolutes. You are more reasonable than some who were your buddies at the time. They are showing themselves to have been the problem in the message.

2 Likes

I agree… buddy list has been revised… problem solved :wink:

1 Like

@dbossa

Water retention is a high E2 symptom right?
Does water retention cause frequent urination?
Or it’s the opposite?

Because i feel like i do have water retention yet i have nocturia…
No frequent urination during the day though.

The opposite. Until you stop retaining, then you piss an ocean for a few days.

So low E2 means frequent urination?
I am confused as my brain is not functioning due to low e2 and t right now😂

If your E2 drops, you will shed the water aeight by urinating. A lot.

Thanks.

Are we talking E2 being just straight low or low compared to T.

Let’s say well above the range T and high but in range E2… Does that count as low E2?

Because that was me when i was on TRT.

And i peed a lot.

E2 relative to E2. E2 tends to hold water, so the more you have, the more water you tend to be holding. Thus, if it drops, the water wants to leave. So, low relative to whatever it was. Keep in mind that this is in gerneral, eveyone varies, but that is in general.

1 Like

Question: why is E2 your go to for whatever issue your have? Why that? Why not the weather? Or if the groundhog saw his shadow? All equally as irrelevant.

This usually occurs when your hormones are going up and down all week and never reaching any steady state. What is your protocol? Total T, Free T and SHBG?

1 Like

He went off of TRT 3 weeks ago, I think he’s trying to compare on versus off. See his other thread.

1 Like

E2 over 60 for me. Do I look like I’m retaining any water? If E2 caused water retention I should be holding a ton.

Keeping serum levels stable by doing EOD shots with my SHBG at 18-20. That’s the ticket for me.

Aaaahhhhhhh… That’s different. His androgen levels are tanking but it must be the E2. Sigh lol

LOL. It IS normal to retain some water with elevated E2. Not everyone does, and most guys on TRT shed most of it after a few months of adjustment, and TRT levels keep it minimal. But, you are very likely holding more water at an E2 of 60 than you would be with an E2 of 20, and that is a good thing for lifting and ATP purposes. You go off of the androgen feed (In his case due to pharmacy fraud), the E2 drops with the total androgen levels, you shed that water. It takes a day or two, and doesn’t make much visible difference at TRT levels. Not visible isn’t the same as not there.

2 Likes

A mild OTC diuretic can help here. Flushes the water out and it typically doesn’t return. Thing is, if it doesn’t return (which is often the case) why isn’t the E2 causing it to return?

I typically see this kind of thing happening with guys on once weekly shots. For a guy who got off TRT 3 weeks ago, water retention will probably be the least of his concerns.

It depends on the guy. Everybody adjusts somewhat, but not completely. In my case, I know I’m holding water even now, if I cut my dose some of it will come off. That’s okay, I prefer to retain a little water for lifting.

1 Like

Danny i like you but what are you talking about? I’ve never blamed E2 for my issues while i was on TRT the entire 1,5 years. In fact i only tested it once and didn’t do any bloodwork after that because i didn’t care. I’d only care for the LACK of E2 not excess of it.

I am not on TRT anymore and i am worried about low E2 more than low T. I was simply asking if high E2 or low E2 can cause water retention? Because after quitting TRT my frequent urination and nocturia hasn’t stopped. I think low ADH is the cause and i’m waiting for the results to come back from the lab.