High E2, Low T, Low FSH, LH, Healthy Semen Analysis

Hi,

I am 22 years old
Height: 1.78m
Weight: 83 kgs
Body Fat: 24%
Fat in abdomen and chest area

I am noticing softer erections, not sure if it is psychological!
Morning wood is completely normal

Blood work Results (23/01/2018)
Total T: 480 ng/d; (241.00-850.00)
LH: 2.79 (1.1-8.2)
FSH : 1.34 miu/ml (1.5-11.5)
E2: 51 pg/ml (<89)
TSH : 1.35 uIU/ml (0.20-5.10)
Prolactin 10.78 ng/ml (2.7-17.0)

Semen analysis was fine (>200million/ml) but volume was a little low
Testicular Ultrasound was perfectly normal
Kidney and Liver function tests were perfectly normal
Cholesterol (Lipid Profile was fine)

Do you think if i lose weight and bring body fat % to below 20%, my hormone balance will increase?

Please suggest, waiting for your replies!

Thankyou

LH and FSH is low, T and sperm count is expected to be low. Your T levels are low for your age, young guys require more T, older guys require more T to compete with younger guys. You’re at the threshold where T levels are associated with diabetes, heart disease and cardiovascular disease. A guy your age should be north of 750 ng/dL, losing fat won’t get you there.

Your T levels are competing with our 71 year old president, that’s perspective. Forget about TRT in your country at your levels, you need to go private to a TRT clinic. Don’t waste time with NHS. E2 is high, you will require the use of an AI while on TRT or life will be miserable.

Your in the range where guys start feeling blue or depression, lower libido, erections will continue on a downward spiral if T gets any lower. You might get a minor improvement in T levels by losing weight, but it will fall short of your expectations.

TSH is near perfect, you need SHBG tested. TRT might make you infertile, HCG on TRT improve fertility.

https://naturalbiohealth.com/2015/05/06/shbg-critical-to-your-health/

@systemlord
Thankyou for your reply

I understand that my levels are very low for my age but doctors won’t put me on TRT.

And I feel I am too young to be dependent on TRT for the rest of my life.

Do you think is there any way I can improve my testosterone levels and lower my e2 naturally by weight loss, diet changes or supplements?

Also, my sperm count was healthy I got my semen analysis.

Thankyou

I think you should lose 4-5kg. Take a good multi vitamin. And recheck in 6 weeks. If still low, and your lh is on the low end you can try a SERM like clomid or novaldex. Then recheck again before any trt.

Edit/ also strange that your e2 is high and testosterone on the low end. Maybe something your eating on a regular basis, or medication your taking.

@anon10230041
Thankyou for the response.
I am working towards losing 5 kgs. Will get my levels retested in 6-7 weeks.
Exactly e2 seems too high. Maybe it’s because of the extra fat that I’m carrying.
I hope results are better this time.

Everyone feels this way at first, but after years of feeling like pure crap perspective changes. Guys waste years trying to improve things naturally going on/off clomid wasting valuable years you can’t get back trying to fix what’s already broken, there’s no magic pill that will miraculously heal you, when a guys T levels start falling it’s already too late! It’s very rare that clomid restores a guys pituitary gland.

Most doctors would refuse a 22 year old TRT, some doctors won’t even believe that a guy under 50 could even have low T. No good doctor would give you TRT without attempting a restart using clomid, I just thought you should know your chances are slim to none. Those are the odds.

The NHS has refused guys scoring half your numbers who are heavily symptomatic, the medical community doesn’t like TRT.

TSH looks OK, but thyroid is more complex that that. You can and should self-eval overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures as discussed later on.

Your E2 lab range seems very odd, way to high/broad.
Was range meant to be <39 and not <89?

Low thyroid function drives fat gain, more fat means more T–>E2 aromatization, more E2 means less LH/FSH and less T, less T means more fat gain. More E2 and less T both tend to drive up SHBG.

FSH is probably a better indicator of average LH status than LH itself. High E2 can lower LH/FSH and increase SHBG then you get more non-bioavailable SHBG+T that lowers FT while TT then overstates your T status/

With assumed FT, FT–>E2 production would be low and then an explanation for elevated E2 would be reduced liver clearance which can be from liver issues or drugs/meds interfering with clearance of E2.

Elevated prolactin can lower LH/FSH but labs do not support this. What is your history of blows to the head or heading balls?

Please review the things that damage your hormones sticky.

We see many guys here in your age group with similar issues.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

@KSman thankyou for your reply!

The lab range said <89 only for E2.
I will get other tests later this week

I checked my oral body temperatures for 3 days
Morning: 97.7-98.0
Mid Day: 98.6-98.7
I have been using iodized salt since childhood.

No history of injury to head or testicles

However I have moderate gyno since puberty and i took some OTC fatburners for 3 months last year (do fatburners affect hormones ?)

Please suggest if I should take AI to lower estrogen or should I try doing it naturally be reducing weights and supplementing zinc, DIM, vitamin D?

Thankyou
Waiting for your reply