High E2 Levels Causing Prolactin to Rise?

300- how could you tell I wasnt fully suppressed from my bloodwork? I didnt have any on cycle bloodwork. the only bloodwork i have is from while i was on tamoxifen, 17 days after I was off, and 2 months after i was off the tamoxifen. I dont get how you could tell from those dates.

what about research prami? My endo wont prescribe me to shit. shes an idiot. The high prolactin is probably what is causing my low libido and my erections to suck. they still arent like they used to be.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Pramipexole has no adverse cardiac effects whereas cabergoline can cause cardiac fibrosis.

Either can be completely effective in reducing prolactin.[/quote]
Wow good stuff there. Given that Pramipexole is but a fraction of the price of caber I think I found a new friends now…prami

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Pramipexole has no adverse cardiac effects whereas cabergoline can cause cardiac fibrosis.

Either can be completely effective in reducing prolactin.[/quote]

Bill

I can’t find any data on the relative reduction of serum prolactin levels for prami. I have it for caber, including dose dependent study and a comparative study between caber and bromocriptine. Where did you get it?

bump

The abstract alone ( Neuroendocrine and side effect profile of pramipexole, a new dopamine receptor agonist, in humans - PubMed ) isn’t greatly useful, but in Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1992 May;51(5):541-8 the full-text article gives specifics on effects of pramipexole on prolactin levels. It was effective.

There isn’t a comparative study with other D2 agonists with regard to prolactin levels, though there was one study on tolerability of converting from cabergoline use to pramipexole, which was found to be good.

My reason for saying that either is completely effective is that the mechanism of action is by being a D2 agonist, and both can yield that activity to the highest tolerable level or beyond. In fact one has to avoid dosing too heavily and getting too much dopamine agonist effect.

It is true that pramipexole and cabergoline differ in selectivity with regards to dopamine receptor subtypes, but if anything this should work to pramipexole’s advantage. Cabergoline’s fairly slight D1 agonist property would act towards increasing prolactin (the reverse of effect at the D2 receptor) whereas pramipexole isn’t a D1 agonist. However that probably is a quite small difference and likely has no practical importance.

However, on seeing it again, the phrase “completely effective” was definitely poor wording. I should have said “equivalently and strongly effective.” The word “completely” would tend to suggest driving levels completely to zero, which isn’t so. So that wasn’t correctly said.

thanks mr roberts. Do you think that the elevated prolactin levels are causing my low libido and weak erections? should prami clear this up?

I really don’t know, unfortunately. But – provided the dose is reasonable to where you’re not getting dopaminergic side effects, which won’t be the case if you’re feeling fine – there is no harm and it’s very reasonable that there could be benefit or a complete solution.

However, with the fact that you used a crappy prohormone, there is the problem that we really don’t know, or at least I don’t, exactly why some of them have the adverse effects that they do.

Still, in your situation personally I would certainly try the pramipexole and AI.