T Nation

High Dose Arimidex

From what I’ve gathered, pretty much everyone seems to agree that running Arimidex at .25-.5mg EOD for a typical 500mg/week of Test E cycle seems to be enough to prevent gyno and E2 related sides… However, KSman (one of the most knowledgeable guys on the site) recommends using a much larger dose: namely, 1mg/week for every 100mg of aromatizable drugs taken. For the cycle described above this approach would yield approx. 1.5mg EOD. He (KSman) argues that while .25-.5mg EOD may be enough to prevent gyno, that doesn’t mean that the dose is optimal. This reasoning sounds logical to me, especially considering that Arimidex is a self limiting drug that will only lower E2 to a degree (50% if I remember correctly).

This leads me to an additional question: if A-dex is self limiting, why is it is possible to lower E2 so much using it, that people suffer from low E" side effects like low libido, depression and joint problems when they take too much. This wouldn’t make much sense if the drug could only lower E2 by 50% max. Is it that all of these people suffering from low E2 while taking A-dex are over-responders?

I thank you all for your attention (and if KSman reads this, your contribution would really be appreciated).

wish I had an answer- would like to know myself - subscribed.

Bloodwork will determine how much adex you need.

I have no idea where KSMan came up with that theory, but I do not see it as necessary. Even for TRT purposes, I take exctly the same amount of ARomasin with 200 mg/week as I did on 100 mg/week (25 mg/week Asin for each)

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Bloodwork will determine how much adex you need.[/quote]

Agreed but the thing is that most people may be starting with too low a dose by using only.5mg EOD, regardless of dose, at least according to this theory. And people may think they are getting enough because they are avoiding gyno but what if higher doses could yield better results (less water retention, better libido, etc.)?

i cant seem to take enough adex and when i take enough letro my sex drive is shit… i think i’ll mix the two and see how that works.

i took .5mg adex ED for while and the cramps were the worst and still held water… letro just makes me wonder why i need my dick.

im thinking of using .25mg of each ED.

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
i cant seem to take enough adex and when i take enough letro my sex drive is shit… i think i’ll mix the two and see how that works.

i took .5mg adex ED for while and the cramps were the worst and still held water… letro just makes me wonder why i need my dick.

im thinking of using .25mg of each ED.[/quote]

Sounds reasonable. I’m curious to see how it works out for you.