High Cortisol/Prolactin, Help?

Hi, I’ve been having some symptoms for around 2-3 years now. severe fatigue, depressed mood and erectile issue, also seem to hold onto a lot of fat around my lower abs/ love handles whereas when i was younger I always used to be relatively lean. One other symptom that I’m not sure if it’s related or not is a very tender/painful coccyx. It’s very tender to touch and makes sitting very uncomfortable, I’ve also had this for a couple of years as the doctor says there is nothing that can be done for it.

I’ve had several blood tests now, seen an endo and multiple gps. All they keep saying is my bloods are fine and to just forget about it even though my prolactin and cortisol are outside the normal ranges.

Serum prolactin - 596 miu/l (range 45-375 miu/l)
Serum cortisol - 758 nmol/l (range 140-690 nmol/l)
Serum testosterone - 16.2 nmol/l (range 8-26.1 nmol/l)

These are my most recent test results( probably about 3 months ago). I did have my free test checked on an older test but i lost the bit of paper. Although I’m pretty sure it was low for my age (25) even though it was in normal range, which I believe could be explained by high prolactin/cortisol?

Im curious if anyone has an input on what could cause this? The docs don’t seem to want to give me an mri to check for pituitary Tumor as my prolactin isn’t high enough and my thyroid hormones are normal? Could it possibly be a sign of over training? Although I did take a year off from lifting, with little improvement until just over a year I felt slightly better and then I started lifting again. I was fine for about 9 months maybe? Now I’m having the symptoms again. So at the moment I don’t workout as I don’t have the energy. Also I’ve never used any peds.

If I think of anything else I will add it and if there’s anymore info that would help just ask and thanks in advanced…

Check your estrogen levels. linking a good article. Tip: Are Your Estrogen Levels Too High or Too Low?

Hey thanks for the reply man. I did have my estrogen checked on the test that I lost. It was in the normal range but I’ll check the article thanks

Where are you located? Doctors are the problem.

Both elevated estrogens, principally E2 and prolactin are negative feedback signals that reduce LH/FSH that then reduces T levels.

Ask for a trial of 0.5mg dostinex/cabergoline to reduce prolactin to see how your HPTA responds. If things are better, that result is diagnostic and the treatment.

“Normal” thyroid means little when the lab ranges are joke. Please post oral body temperatures as discussed below and discuss your use of iodized salt. Low thyroid function is very common among the guys who come here.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges. a

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Hi, thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I forgot to mention in my post that my doc says my blood pressure was a bit high. I live in England.

I was planning to ask about caber at my next appointment. The only worry I have about caber is that it can cause heart valve issues? Or is this just at higher doses? May be sounding a bit thick here but what is Hpta? If the cabergoline works where should I go from there just carry on taking it for the foreseeable future?

I will try and get a thermometer today and get some temps tomorrow morning. I probably don’t get enough iodine as I switched to sea salt and I don’t eat much seafood if any.

I have just done a mid afternoon temp which was 97.8 f. I shall let you know the morning temp

@KSman my morning temp was 96.9 f although I had a few beers last night, not sure if that makes any difference? I’ll check again tomorrow morning

I redid my morning temp this morning, I took it 3 times it averaged out at 96.16 f