High Cholesterol Even With Good Nutrition And Regular Exercise

Wanted to touch on this too. I asked about cholesterol levels, plaques and whatnot at my last one. He didn’t completely dismiss the subject, but wasn’t majorly concerned. His main point of emphasis was on exercise and conditioning, and was impressed with the condition (and stress test, imaging, ekg, ect.) that I came in with.

I can’t induce that this must be a tennet of his practicing philosophy, but he just didn’t seem to be of the “fats bad” school, at least with me.

At the end of the day, your results speak for themselves.

My issue is with the mainstream. Here are some quotes to consider:

1. NHS (UK national health provider)

“Some fat in the diet is essential, but on average people in the UK eat too much saturated fat. It’s important to get most of your fat from unsaturated oils and spreads… Swapping to unsaturated fats can help lower cholesterol. Too much saturated fat can increase the amount of cholesterol in the blood, which increases your risk of developing heart disease.”

1. American Heart Association (classic quote below regarding “sound science”):

" The American Heart Association recommends limiting saturated fats – which are found in butter, cheese, red meat and other animal-based foods. Decades of sound science has proven it can raise your “bad” cholesterol and put you at higher risk for heart disease. The more important thing to remember is the overall dietary picture. Saturated fats are just one piece of the puzzle. In general, you can’t go wrong eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fewer calories. When you hear about the latest “diet of the day” or a new or odd-sounding theory about food, consider the source. The American Heart Association makes dietary recommendations only after carefully considering the latest scientific evidence."

Thanks. I’m not big on any meds if they aren’t necessary, but my HDL was a little high, and LDL was in the bad range, coupled with a 100% blockage of the circumflex, and 2 others in the lower right coronary.

One of those will have one rethink their position on just about everything.

I swear, it must suck to be a doctor and do all that actual learning only to have people come into your office and say shit like this, haha. I like how you capitalize “truth” in your post, too.

4 Likes

Yeah. More recently their position has been along the lines of a Mediterranean or similar diet. Once you zoom in on any single point like fat sources and whatnot, they seem to change, but with the common vein of “all things in moderation”.

This <100g carbs/day guy peaked my interest a bit I have to admit,

But then there’s @tontongg who runs 70% carbs.

For sure! Whatever he’s doing I want some!

Useless Information

“A little high” and “In the bad range” is useless information.

Providing you blood lipid profile number is the necessary making an evaluation.

Kenny Croxdale

Sure. I was being vague for the sake of broader conversation, but I can try to look that stuff up.

Eh, combed through all of the available test results, no lipid panels on file.

Sorry. I saw them at one point, nothing outrageous or way out of range.

This thought struck me as well, i.e. that super supps might be a component here

One will likely not learn on these blogs; which is why it is crucial to independently investigate the Truth which cannot be compromised. However, clues abound as to what to search for … as several already have. One must be overly cautious of “paid search” and “non-word ranked search”. Here (again) are some important search points …

How to raise HDL
How to lower Triglycerides
Why an LDL density profile is important
What is C-Reactive Protein (CRP) and how to lower it
What causes Inflammation

Welcome to Limitless …

Holy crap. This thread got bizarre. Eat clean, workout and you’ll still die.

3 Likes

One should also be sceptical of strangers posting online when they capitalise words like “truth” and write stuff like,

2 Likes

Concur in whole.

4 Likes

What does a doctor know?? I Googled something!

And when they can’t spell health…

Lack of carb consumption has clearly affected brain power too.

3 Likes

Love it

About to throw some gas on the fire to see what people think about the Mountain Dog Diet as it relates to cholesterol control. It looks like something I’d be able to sustain pretty well on my own. Focus on grass fed beef, grass fed butter, and other meats that exist on a natural diet.

I gotta admit: how much butter and coconut oil advocated breaks my brain regarding heart health, but it also seems to check out pretty well. I’ve always believed that something you can find in nature should be good for you, and it seems I got led a bit astray by not factoring in the agricultural practices we’d develop as far as how we feed animals.

2 Likes

I’d specifically like to hear educated opinions on this. I need to clean my act up, and have paid no attention to the quality of the food - only the macros.

1 Like