T Nation

High Carbs Affect My Progress, Strength Decreased

I’ve heard this. Especially with saturated fats. What is the science behind it?

It’s a matter of impaired insulin signaling leading to insulin resistance eventually

This guy does a good job breaking it down… unfortunately still very technical. It’s a project of mine to have people (and lifters!) be friends with insulin again. But fats would have to go…

Note that this is my opinion that a low fat diet can achieve a very high insulin sensitivity over the long run, but as the author of that post says, reducing carbohydrates (thus lower fasted insulin levels) in the context of an impaired glucose metabolism is easier and works very well too.

Mixing up both, on the other hand, is risky.

can you actually eat way more fat than carbs (talking more than .5 grams x bw fats) while bulking and have no problem with more fat gain? i heard more fat in a surplus means more adippose tissue (fat gain)

is it possible you can actually eat way more fat than carbs (talking more than .5 grams x bw fats) while bulking and have no problem with more fat gain? i heard more fat in a surplus means more adippose tissue (fat gain).

Yes, fat gain will come from a caloric surplus. It doesn’t matter if that surplus is from carbs or fat.