T Nation

High Calorie Foods For Bulking

Do you guys have any good recipes for meals, snacks, shakes etc. when bulking? Thanks…

I like making chili.
Get any kind of ground beef (70 percent lean to 95)
Tomato paste and stewed tomatoes (or just tomato sauce)
Kidney Beans

Thats pretty much it. Also, any mix with ground beef in it is a staple for me when trying to gain weight. It’s so easy to put down and very calorically dense.

Did you ever try reading the hundreds of nutrition articles or thousands and thousands on the internet on this topic?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Did you ever try reading the hundreds of nutrition articles or thousands and thousands on the internet on this topic? [/quote]

Of course he did, but let’s reinvent the wheel, shall we? It’s a good idea to have one of these threads once in a while.
peanut butter-cup oatmeal, high calorie

Ingredients 40 g (1/2 cup) old fashioned oats, dry
7 g (1 tbsp) ground flaxseed
14 g (2 tbsp) wheat germ
252 g (1 cup) evaporated milk
32 g (1/4 cup) powdered whole milk
1 cup very ripe, well-mashed banana
34 g (2 tbsp) natural peanut butter
23 g (3 tbsp) carob chips or chocolate chips
1 g (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
Directions
1.Combine the evaporated milk and powdered milk with oats, wheat germ, and ground flaxseed in a medium saucepan.

2.Cook for one minute over medium-high heat.

3.Add mashed banana, peanut butter, chips, and cinnamon.

4.Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring ocassionally until the desired doneness has been reached.

5.Allow the oatmeal to cool for a few minutes

6.*NOTE: Adding chopped nuts, more peanut butter, more chips or more powdered milk can increase the calories in this recipe even more!

2 scoops MD, 2-3 oz heavy cream, 6 eggs (raw). Add 3-4 oz water. Shake in blender bottle.

That’s fine as is, but for add’l flavor you can add a spoonful (1 Tbs) of unsweetened cocoa powder and a few packets of splenda (I add ~20 grams erythriol too).

Nutrition Facts:
~900 Calories
Fat: 58gr
Carbs: 15
Protein: 78

All fits into the blender bottle.
You can add flax too, or EVOO, or both for a healthier fat profile.

Or any 1,000,000,000 of combinations of everything under the sun. I like to add bacon, EVOO, pesto, etc to anything and everything.

I just bought Serious Mass from ON, 250g carbs is quite a beast I wont lie…