High Blood Pressure?

I have had my blood pressure checked by the doctor about 2-4 times over the past 2 years. Each time they tell me I have slightly high blood pressure, but nothing to be worried about. The doctor did mutter something under her breath that this may be a result of my weightlifting, i.e. more bloodflow in the arms or something.

My questions are:
1.) Does anybody else experience high blood pressure from lifting?
2.) Do steroids ehance this problem?
3.) What steps can I take to lower my blood pressure if so.

Edit: I have never taken any type of AAS before.

[quote]n0ir wrote:
I have had my blood pressure checked by the doctor about 2-4 times over the past 2 years. Each time they tell me I have slightly high blood pressure, but nothing to be worried about. The doctor did mutter something under her breath that this may be a result of my weightlifting, i.e. more bloodflow in the arms or something.

My questions are:
1.) Does anybody else experience high blood pressure from lifting?
2.) Do steroids ehance this problem?
3.) What steps can I take to lower my blood pressure if so.

Edit: I have never taken any type of AAS before.[/quote]

1. Yes, but only during lifting - blood Pressure shoots crazy high while doing exercises like squats and deads.

2. Yes steroid enhance the problem through many mechanisms - sticking with Test and some DHTs and you shouldn’t have much problems though. Some orals, EQ, and some others are bad though.

3. Don’t know much about that. Regular exercise and a ‘clean’ diet should help. I have a friend who for whatever reason has naturally high RBC - too high, and that gives him high blood pressure (high systolic, low/nomral diastolic) he give’s blood every 8 weeks and that takes care of it, Why he has high RBC I don’t know. He noticed that he was getting lazy and didn’t have much energy for normal activities - no problem doing things he wanted to do though, so I thought he was just a lazy bastard. Anyway, good luck.

There is lots of info out there now on lowering your blood pressure. Check mens health or do a google search and I am sure you will find lots of stuff. The easiest way is with drugs but that is a temporary solution and there are side effects.

I am currently taking Test/EQ/masteron and my BP is pretty wack. My systolic is usually around 160-175 and my diastolic is arond 50-70.

Greater muscle mass and increased RBC are both supposed to account for a higher systolic.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
There is lots of info out there now on lowering your blood pressure. Check mens health or do a google search and I am sure you will find lots of stuff. The easiest way is with drugs but that is a temporary solution and there are side effects.

I am currently taking Test/EQ/masteron and my BP is pretty wack. My systolic is usually around 160-175 and my diastolic is arond 50-70.

Greater muscle mass and increased RBC are both supposed to account for a higher systolic.[/quote]

That’s a pretty high systolic bro. One more reason why I wonder what the advantage of EQ is and is it worth it.

steroids cause high blood pressure. i went to see a dr. a few years ago on a regular basis and my bp slowly rose 10 points every month when i was on it. it was as high as 190-140!! it was from the slight water retention and increased RBC so he gave me some meds and it dropped to normal.

i’ve been off gear for almost two years and my bp is 120-80 which is really good. don’t mess around with your health and heart. i’d go see someone and be honest about what you’re taking. you have dr/ client privacy… you’ll fell better too from the lowered bp

[quote]cat3slayer wrote:
steroids cause high blood pressure. [/quote]

That is false. A limited few will have that response and there may be underlying contributors other than the steroids.

In some cases increased E will cause water retention/bloat and electrolyte imbalances. So E might be the problem, not directly the gear.

In many cases, guys on gear are taking stimulants that also increase heart beat and that increases BP.

[quote]KSman wrote:
cat3slayer wrote:
steroids cause high blood pressure.

That is false. A limited few will have that response and there may be underlying contributors other than the steroids.

In some cases increased E will cause water retention/bloat and electrolyte imbalances. So E might be the problem, not directly the gear.

In many cases, guys on gear are taking stimulants that also increase heart beat and that increases BP.[/quote]

Really? The machine has had us all fooled! We’ve all been tricked so good that we are now creating it all in our heads. Those bastards, all this time and it hasn’t even been real!