High Bar and 5/3/1

What does Mr. W/anybody else think of using high bar squats with 5/3/1? Should any adjustments do be done for assistance/template?

PS. I’m not competing anywhere. So we can skip the “do what helps your sport most”- part.

[quote]Rattus wrote:
What does Mr. W/anybody else think of using high bar squats with 5/3/1? Should any adjustments do be done for assistance/template?

PS. I’m not competing anywhere. So we can skip the “do what helps you’r sport most”- part. [/quote]

Here is Mr. W on bar position:

Thank you. I just needed some reassurance, apparently I was too lazy to use the search option.

I assume I don’t need to adjust my template/assistance. Just lower my TM and squat.

[quote]Rattus wrote:
Thank you. I just needed some reassurance, apparently I was too lazy to use the search option.

I assume I don’t need to adjust my template/assistance. Just lower my TM and squat. [/quote]

I got that from an article he wrote for EliteFTS some time ago. I would’ve posted the link but the forum rules don’t allow that any longer, I’m told. Do a Google search for “Jim Wendler Squat Tips from 5-3-1” and you should get the article.

Thank you.

I just did read Wendlers “virtual squat seminar”-article, and there he says the same thing and that he does appreciate both styles. Good article altogether.

I think I’ll move to high bar for now. The lb has been struggle for me and is constantly causing some harm/pain. High bar seems to feel much comfortable and joint friendly (haven’t done it enough to say for sure).

When I started 531 last year I switched from high bar to low bar. I got fairly proficient with it until one day I had the bar slip down my back during a warmup set. I tried to dump it but my right arm got stuck and it twisted my shoulder pretty bad. I switched back to high bar after that and have been doing it ever since. At first I was a bit weaker but I caught back up pretty quick and have set a few pr’s high bar. I also have pretty narrow hips and above average flexibility so I think the high bar just suits me better.