High and Low Carbohydrate Diets

I been on the Anabolic Diet for about 3 months now and it has done wonders for weight loss. Before that I was eating high to moderate carbs while eating too little(yes I wanted to see the hawt abzzz). Once the summer came I stoped counting calories, ate mostly carbs and didn’t gain a pound. Before starting to train I was skinny and use to eat junk food almost 3-5 times a week so I guess carbs like me.

Anyways the reason for this post is see some of the results some of you have had with the two different approaches while gaining mass. I know for a fact ( at least for me) low carb is the way to go when dieting but how do all of you go about when gaining mass while keeping body fat to a minimum( no I don’t mean a six pack while gaining mass).

define high carb?

Well I just want to know peoples different approach to gaining mass. I would consider high when most of your meals contain carbs such as rice, potatoes…e.t.c.

Ronaldo,

I highly recommend a targeted carb diet for lean mass gain, IF you are kinda lean and you dont handle carbs too well. I am one of these ppl, and this seems to be working out well so far. I basically ONLY eat carbs when I need them, i.e around training time and in the morning. Other than these meal, the others are Pro/fat meals.

There are many cyclic low carb diets out there, most of which wont make too much diff as to wich you choose to use, unless it is obviously wack…IMO, the AD is not for everyone, whilst trying to gain mass…the 2 day carbs us may lead to fat gain for individuals sensitive to carbs(me), which it did!

GJ

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
Ronaldo,

I highly recommend a targeted carb diet for lean mass gain, IF you are kinda lean and you dont handle carbs too well. I am one of these ppl, and this seems to be working out well so far. I basically ONLY eat carbs when I need them, i.e around training time and in the morning. Other than these meal, the others are Pro/fat meals. There are many cyclic low carb diets out there, most of which wont make too much diff as to wich you choose to use, unless it is obviously wack…IMO, the AD is not for everyone, whilst trying to gain mass…the 2 day carbs us may lead to fat gain for individuals sensitive to carbs(me), which it did!

GJ[/quote]

How many meals out of your 6 are pro/carb during training days??. Do you eat starchy carbs for breakfast??. How many meals after your workout do you make into a carb/protein meal…basically what does your diet look like while gaining on training days.

Lots of questions I know :-).

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
Ronaldo,

I highly recommend a targeted carb diet for lean mass gain, IF you are kinda lean and you dont handle carbs too well. I am one of these ppl, and this seems to be working out well so far. I basically ONLY eat carbs when I need them, i.e around training time and in the morning. Other than these meal, the others are Pro/fat meals. There are many cyclic low carb diets out there, most of which wont make too much diff as to wich you choose to use, unless it is obviously wack…IMO, the AD is not for everyone, whilst trying to gain mass…the 2 day carbs us may lead to fat gain for individuals sensitive to carbs(me), which it did!

GJ

How many meals out of your 6 are pro/carb during training days??. Do you eat starchy carbs for breakfast??. How many meals after your workout do you make into a carb/protein meal…basically what does your diet look like while gaining on training days.

Lots of questions I know :-).[/quote]

No sweat bout da q’s bro…My CURRENT diet looks like this:

Meal 1: Pro/Fat
Meal 2: Pro/Fat
Meal 3: Pro/Fat
Meal 4: Pro/Fat
Meal 5: Pro/carbs/aminos (pre workout shake)
Train Carbs/BCAA’s(during training shake)
Meal 6: Pro/Carbs(Post workout shake)
Meal 7: Pro/Carbs/Fats
Meal 8: Pro/Fat

Amounts may vary depending on what I training…eg Legs, I would have slightly more carbs as apposed to training arms. Currently, I am taking in about 200g on a Heavy day (Legs or Chest/Back). You will have to experiment with amounts, but to begin with, you should simply take in carbs Post workout and Breakfast OR Pre workout. Up to you…On a non training day, only have carbs for breakfast.

This ALL totally depends on how well you react to carbs or not though dude…I dont do well, so I really have to time them well…so you have to work out whats best for you…Others may advise otherwise, but this may be because it is what worked for them…Get me

Goodluck,

GJ

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
Ronaldo,

GJ

Lots of questions I know :-).

No sweat bout da q’s bro…My CURRENT diet looks like this:

Meal 1: Pro/Fat
Meal 2: Pro/Fat
Meal 3: Pro/Fat
Meal 4: Pro/Fat
Meal 5: Pro/carbs/aminos (pre workout shake)
Train Carbs/BCAA’s(during training shake)
Meal 6: Pro/Carbs(Post workout shake)
Meal 7: Pro/Carbs/Fats
Meal 8: Pro/Fat

Amounts may vary depending on what I training…eg Legs, I would have slightly more carbs as apposed to training arms. Currently, I am taking in about 200g on a Heavy day (Legs or Chest/Back). You will have to experiment with amounts, but to begin with, you should simply take in carbs Post workout and Breakfast OR Pre workout. Up to you…On a non training day, only have carbs for breakfast.

This ALL totally depends on how well you react to carbs or not though dude…I dont do well, so I really have to time them well…so you have to work out whats best for you…Others may advise otherwise, but this may be because it is what worked for them…Get me

Goodluck,

GJ
[/quote]

Thanks for the info pal!. You are currently gaining right?

Yeah, I am…for another 10 or so weeks, then maintain for a few, then cut for 12…

GJ