Hide...TaDa!

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Nice quads. I actually laughed when I saw his first pic. For some reason I find massive really short guys hilarious. Just looks funky. He looks great though, that’s for sure.

the tennis shoes are a nice touch

What kind of tennis are you watching ??? lol [/quote]

whatever, don’t dare call them sneakers. My fiance does that, and she’s like do you play tennis in your shoes, I’m like do you sneak around in sneakers.

damn yankees

These treads are awesome.

Is he really 5’8" or am I looking up the wrong jacked up Japaneses man? (Pardon my ignorance.)

they’re wrestling boots…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Is he really 5’8" or am I looking up the wrong jacked up Japaneses man? (Pardon my ignorance.)[/quote]

His ‘official’ site (or what I assume it to be, how many Hidetada Yamagishi bodybuilders can there be?) has him at 5’6".

www.hide-productions.com/en/hideYamagishi.html

My ignorance is as deep as yours, so keep your salt handy.

[quote]Chidey wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

Is he really 5’8" or am I looking up the wrong jacked up Japaneses man? (Pardon my ignorance.)

His ‘official’ site (or what I assume it to be, how many Hidetada Yamagishi bodybuilders can there be?) has him at 5’6".

My ignorance is as deep as yours, so keep your salt handy.[/quote]

Fucking BB.com… Stupid google didn’t even turn up his site, my search must have sucked.

Thanks.

Not that two inches is a huge difference at 230/220lbs. Lol

The split he lists is pretty interesting. I assume he eats like a moose Mondays and Tuesdays…

I have seen a lot of pros at various pro shows and the thing that amazed me the most is how short they are - most guys listed as 5’6 are really 5’4, sometime 5’5 but really, the average pro IS NOT tall at all. Same thing with the weight… don’t even think about it, it’s all about the looks.

professor x thank you for posting these threads, this is what keeps me coming back to the bb section.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
professor x thank you for posting these threads, this is what keeps me coming back to the bb section.[/quote]

x2

[quote]DaFreak wrote:
I have seen a lot of pros at various pro shows and the thing that amazed me the most is how short they are - most guys listed as 5’6 are really 5’4, sometime 5’5 but really, the average pro IS NOT tall at all. Same thing with the weight… don’t even think about it, it’s all about the looks.[/quote]

I might get flamed for this, but I’ve noticed the same thing and have wondered why this is the case. Is it because smaller guys need less muscle mass to appear big? Maybe taller guys gravitate towards sports where height is important (basketball)? Or maybe they choose bodybuilding because they felt a need to compensate for their short stature? Maybe a combination of both?

I’m 5’7", and to be honest, one reason for dedicating myself to the iron is because I want to look big, and since I ain’t getting any taller, my only option is to get wider.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
DaFreak wrote:
I have seen a lot of pros at various pro shows and the thing that amazed me the most is how short they are - most guys listed as 5’6 are really 5’4, sometime 5’5 but really, the average pro IS NOT tall at all. Same thing with the weight… don’t even think about it, it’s all about the looks.

I might get flamed for this, but I’ve noticed the same thing and have wondered why this is the case. Is it because smaller guys need less muscle mass to appear big? Maybe taller guys gravitate towards sports where height is important (basketball)? Or maybe they choose bodybuilding because they felt a need to compensate for their short stature? Maybe a combination of both?

I’m 5’7", and to be honest, one reason for dedicating myself to the iron is because I want to look big, and since I ain’t getting any taller, my only option is to get wider.[/quote]

Yeap, I have that mentality as well, since I can’t get any taller, I’ll just have to do my best to get wider and thicker.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
DaFreak wrote:

I’m 5’7", and to be honest, one reason for dedicating myself to the iron is because I want to look big, and since I ain’t getting any taller, my only option is to get wider.[/quote]

Why do you wanna be taller? just generally interested, im 5’6.

I agree that being that thick at only 5’6" looks a little funky. Not to dis the guy, he has a great physique.

[quote]jo3 wrote:

Is it because smaller guys need less muscle mass to appear big?[/quote]

this

[quote]DaFreak wrote:
I have seen a lot of pros at various pro shows and the thing that amazed me the most is how short they are - most guys listed as 5’6 are really 5’4, sometime 5’5 but really, the average pro IS NOT tall at all. Same thing with the weight… don’t even think about it, it’s all about the looks.[/quote]

They don’t measure their height at the contest? So, I could tell everyone I was 6’5" and they would just write it down?

I know most people are wrong about their height because they only took it when wearing shoes and trying to stretch themselves. I am a little taller than 5’10" but I use that as my height anyway to avoid confusion.

As far as Hide, I think he has made outstanding progress.

Now that is one thick Japanese man.

God-fucking-zilla!!

[quote]paul496 wrote:
jo3 wrote:
DaFreak wrote:

I’m 5’7", and to be honest, one reason for dedicating myself to the iron is because I want to look big, and since I ain’t getting any taller, my only option is to get wider.

Why do you wanna be taller? just generally interested, im 5’6.[/quote]

3 main reasons (off the top of my head):
-sports,
-social life, and
-professional life

No explanation required for sports. From a social and professional aspect, I feel like being tall is a huge plus. You get more respect in the business world (consciously or subconsciously), and you stand out when you go out. I hate hearing girls my height say that they’d only date someone taller than them.

In other words, tallness seems to be a status thing IMO.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
paul496 wrote:
jo3 wrote:
DaFreak wrote:

Why do you wanna be taller? just generally interested, im 5’6.

3 main reasons (off the top of my head):
-sports,
-social life, and
-professional life

No explanation required for sports. From a social and professional aspect, I feel like being tall is a huge plus. You get more respect in the business world (consciously or subconsciously), and you stand out when you go out. I hate hearing girls my height say that they’d only date someone taller than them.

In other words, tallness seems to be a status thing IMO.[/quote]

Ok cool, just found it interesting, cheers.

(to the girls the same height as you only wanting to date guys taller than themselves… stupid cunts, ahahahah!!!)

[quote]Professor X wrote:
DaFreak wrote:

They don’t measure their height at the contest? So, I could tell everyone I was 6’5" and they would just write it down?

I know most people are wrong about their height because they only took it when wearing shoes and trying to stretch themselves. I am a little taller than 5’10" but I use that as my height anyway to avoid confusion.

As far as Hide, I think he has made outstanding progress.[/quote]

No they don’t measure anyone except figure girls, where they are ranked in height categories, and in some bodybuilding federations where they have a classic bodybuilding category (where the weight (in kg) of the contestant must not exceed his height in cm minus 100) - complicated yeah I know!!

To answer your question though, yeah you could say you’re 6’5 when interviewed by any magazine and they’ll write it down, no question asked - maybe not if you’re really 5’9, but a couple inches more or less doesn’t matter to the writer or editors at all it seems.