Hidden Within HC Bill

[quote]pat wrote:

BTW, I love how obama is focusing on jobs like he promised. You know if fewer people were unemployed fewer people would need healthcare.[/quote]

Unbelievable huh? It’s like he’s moving to make sure there is no re-election for him in 2012. I say “keep up the shitty work!” 2010 can’t come soon enough! Keep this up, and Republicans won’t even have to spend ANY money campaigning for anything! Obama is doing the best campaigning for them they could possibly ask for.

Attached is the letter my district received (65% Republican District). They are spending the loot to get this passed against our will. Notice the way it is written to instill fear and tell us that our rep voted for BAD THINGS!

I did call the number they asked us to call and I showed my support for the existing position against it!

Is there any way to undo any of this madness should it pass?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Is there any way to undo any of this madness should it pass?[/quote]

Reconciliation in 2012.

Hard to do because it would take 60 votes in the Senate to repeal, plus of course a President wanting to repeal it and 50%-plus-one in the House.

[quote]pat wrote:
So do you think they got the votes? I heard 7 dems just turned their backs on it.

BTW, I love how obama is focusing on jobs like he promised. You know if fewer people were unemployed fewer people would need healthcare.[/quote]

Ideology aside, it that’s possible in this case, Obama is the most clueless President to ever hold that office. His inexperience is more problematic to me than his ultra liberalism, if they can be separated.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
So do you think they got the votes? I heard 7 dems just turned their backs on it.

Ideology aside, it that’s possible in this case, Obama is the most clueless President to ever hold that office. His inexperience is more problematic to me than his ultra liberalism, if they can be separated. [/quote]
You mean, being a Community Organizer and then technically being a Senator for 2 years, though really doing virtually nothing as a Senator due to campaigning for President full-time, doesn’t provide sufficient experience?

Man, that’s a surprise.

Oh yes, there was also being an Illinois State Senator who usually just voted “present.” Accidental omission.

In fact, his Chicago politics background is the one experience of his that is showing through, so it should not have been omitted. It’s not that he learned what should be done, but he clearly did learn very well the idea that arms can be twisted, votes can be bought, and things can be pushed through that the people do not want.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Oh yes, there was also being an Illinois State Senator who usually just voted “present.” Accidental omission.

In fact, his Chicago politics background is the one experience of his that is showing through, so it should not have been omitted. It’s not that he learned what should be done, but he clearly did learn very well the idea that arms can be twisted, votes can be bought, and things can be pushed through that the people do not want.[/quote]

Correct, and I blame the mainstream liberal media for not giving this guys past a full airing. But then why would they want to tell on one of their own?