Hidden Tax on the Middle Class

Gold (along with silver, for many if the same reasons) is the ultimate hedge against the collapse of the US dollar.

Think about it: the price of gold in dollars doesn’t move up and down, the value of the dollar in gold moves up and down. What will an ounce of gold be worth in dollars when the dollar is worthless?

One movement which may be worth looking at is the persistent push for a bimetallic monetary standard in the Muslim world. A gold dinar is 4.25 grams of 22kt gold, which is the same purity as a gold Eagle or a Krugerrand. A dirham is 3 grams of silver.

These coins are currently being minted in Dubai, South Africa, Indonesia, Malaysia and …Texas, of all places, where they are in many communities replacing the national currencies as a store of value and even as a medium of trade among Muslims. There is a vocal movement within Islam calling for the end of inflationary paper currencies and usurious fractional reserve banking, and a return to trade based on physical commodities such as gold and silver.

If the Muslim world suddenly decided that a barrel of crude oil was worth one dinar (currently 220 dollars), and would only accept a dinar for a barrel of oil, the world as we know it would change. The Chinese, the Indians, the Russians and the Arabs would all keep trading, but this country would be proper fucked.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Hey Waittz, I personally like both metals. I am trying to have about a 30:1 ratio of Silver to Gold. I don’t know why but I have always wanted 1,000 pieces of gold and in a treasure chest. Maybe I am a pirate at heart and want me booty. Argh!!!
[/quote]

Too funny. I remember my first time buying some bulk silver American Eagles. I poured the 50 coins on my bed and Scroodge McDucked them. [/quote]

LMFAO! Dude, I TOTALLY did the exact same thing! Funny as shit, but true.