Hick Diner Off I-10 Between New Orleans/Pensacola

[quote]Jaybee wrote:
I’m visiting from the UK and I’ve only eaten at swish places - but I want to rough it, the roughter the better.

By “Hick”, I mean a diner that makes the one in ‘Becker’ look like the Ritz, one where you get change out of $1 for breakfast, the cashier, cook and server are the same person, a toothless old cretin who stinks of booze and piss, his head is already slumped over his cash till, and who greets us with the words, “What tha fuck you people lookin’ at?”

:slight_smile:

Anyone got any places they know? You can just say your car had a flat and it was the only place to eat…[/quote]

JESUS H. CHRIST! We gotta a Brit that thinks he’s doing the Southern version of meditating at an Ashram on his Indian holiday. Places like this exist in movies so damn Yankees can feel smug.

Down South (and my family got there about 1670) there are poor folks and most of them are like the poor anywhere – hardworking, honest and lead very rough lives. I can tell you right now, there are damn few places like that anywhere in the world because you want a stereotype, not people. There are any number of great places to eat with really nice people, awesome food and totally kick-ass Southern Rock bands on Saturday nights, but would you go?

I suggest a theme park in California is where you will find what you want. There are probably even better ones back in the UK.

– jj

[quote]jj-dude wrote:

[quote]Jaybee wrote:
I’m visiting from the UK and I’ve only eaten at swish places - but I want to rough it, the roughter the better.

By “Hick”, I mean a diner that makes the one in ‘Becker’ look like the Ritz, one where you get change out of $1 for breakfast, the cashier, cook and server are the same person, a toothless old cretin who stinks of booze and piss, his head is already slumped over his cash till, and who greets us with the words, “What tha fuck you people lookin’ at?”

Anyone got any places they know? You can just say your car had a flat and it was the only place to eat…[/quote]

JESUS H. CHRIST! We gotta a Brit that thinks he’s doing the Southern version of meditating at an Ashram on his Indian holiday. Places like this exist in movies so damn Yankees can feel smug.

Down South (and my family got there about 1670) there are poor folks and most of them are like the poor anywhere – hardworking, honest and lead very rough lives. I can tell you right now, there are damn few places like that anywhere in the world because you want a stereotype, not people. There are any number of great places to eat with really nice people, awesome food and totally kick-ass Southern Rock bands on Saturday nights, but would you go?

I suggest a theme park in California is where you will find what you want. There are probably even better ones back in the UK.

– jj[/quote]

Come on man you are no fun I was wanting to exploit the stereotype. Hell we think all brits are skinny, pale with fucked up teeth, like tea, eat fish and chips etc.

[quote]jj-dude wrote:

[quote]Jaybee wrote:

– jj[/quote]

So you’re implying there are no grimy places in the boot? He who seeks shall find! I wish the OP best of luck.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]jj-dude wrote:

[quote]Jaybee wrote:

– jj[/quote]

Come on man you are no fun I was wanting to exploit the stereotype. Hell we think all brits are skinny, pale with fucked up teeth, like tea, eat fish and chips etc. [/quote]

OP’s Facebook pic?

to bad you’re on i10 and not i20, could of stopped off at the original dreamland BBQ