Hi, I'm New to T-Nation...Sorta

[quote]
One final note, if you’ve lived in Mass long enough, you should know that you don’t need abs in March or April. Late May will probably suffice ;)[/quote]

In Alwyn Cosgrove’s blog he refered to Memorial Day as “the great unveiling” which seems pretty solid deadline for getting lean.

There seems to be an opinion of this site that when you bulk you gain 50 pounds of fat and look like a complete slob while you doing it. This is stupid. If your doing it right(primarily from clean foods)your muscle mass gained will make you look better overall even if you are carrying a little more bf and don’t have clearly defined abs.

[quote]MikeyKBiatch wrote:
RSarin wrote:
If you haven’t already you may want to read CT’s “The Truth About Bulking” article, that gives some good advice for putting on muscle while minimizing fat gain, so that even if you do decide to cut back a bit for summer, you won’t have to diet too hard.

God I wish I had that article a few years ago…
[/quote]

Just be aware that CT has made some much needed clarifications on, especially the 10% bf angle of that article while standing by the foundational thrust of it. (Why do I have a feeling I’m going to have to be diggin that up in a minute?)

I spend way too much time living in the world of “if only I could start over at this guy’s age” when I see posts like this.

You have right before you the prime muscle building decade n change you will ever have. Use it wisely.

[quote]RSarin wrote:

One final note, if you’ve lived in Mass long enough, you should know that you don’t need abs in March or April. Late May will probably suffice :wink:

In Alwyn Cosgrove’s blog he refered to Memorial Day as “the great unveiling” which seems pretty solid deadline for getting lean.[/quote]

Does that mean I start cutting or have that as my day of unveiling?

That’s generally be the day you want to hit (or be near) your target leanness. However, at your weight if you bulk up cleanly using all the tips above, you’ll have very little (if any) extra fat.

So what I’d suggest is that on May 1st you took a look at yourself in the mirror etc, then worry about whether to trim down. If you listen to these guys and do it right, there’s no way you’ll gain more fat than can be shed in 4 weeks or so.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
RSarin wrote:

One final note, if you’ve lived in Mass long enough, you should know that you don’t need abs in March or April. Late May will probably suffice :wink:

In Alwyn Cosgrove’s blog he refered to Memorial Day as “the great unveiling” which seems pretty solid deadline for getting lean.

Does that mean I start cutting or have that as my day of unveiling?
[/quote]

Alright I hear you guys. Today was Squat Day for me. For some reason my right arm feels like it has a kind of pins and needles type feeling in my thumb and in the middle of biceps on my right arm. Is my CNS overtrained?