Hi God. Are You There? Are You Real?

I want to wear my crucifix. And I mention that I attend Church on Sundays. I need to live and express my identity.

So ā€˜subsidizing beliefsā€™ in of itself isnā€™t wrong?

You have a choice though. Not everyone flaunts their irrationality.

I donā€™t have a choice about my feelings and identity.

Every subsidation is a subsidation of a belief. I can tell youā€™re trying to plan out some gotcha moment, but I canā€™t tell for the life of me what it is or why it would matter.

This will get much easier if you can just list the things you want unfunded in exchange for not subsidizing the religious industry

That is true, most believers suffer from varying degrees of coercion.

I have no idea. I just figure thatā€™s the whole baby w/ the bathwater thing.

Defund everything. It wouldnā€™t just be about us two, after all. By the time we account for everyoneā€™s beliefs, it will likely all be stripped.

Donā€™t know. Just telling you how I feel.

Ah, well then Iā€™ll have to decline your deal. Itā€™s oddly unspecific and boring.

Have a good day

It canā€™t be specific, it has to be total, as this isnā€™t just limited to our beliefs. A person could say defund the military, it is contrary to his values. Defund colleges for various reasons. So on and so forth.

You too, pfury. So far so good.

Except this theoretical deal isnā€™t between everyone. Itā€™s between me and @pat and somehow you.

But Iā€™m happy to drop it. Woulda been an interesting discussion point but youā€™re still stuck in 1 liner useless garbage mode with Zecarlo. Tbh Iā€™d rather discuss religious universe theory with Pat than continue with whatever your latest bad gotcha moment is trying to be

Have a good one

I thought we were agreeing that subsidizing values and beliefs contrary to our own was wrong. And, I figured that extended to everyone else.

Thank you, you too!

Oh well. Iā€™ll hammer out the deal with Pat if he wades through the muk.

1 Like

Pfury, thatā€™s cool. If itā€™s just a playful theoretical thing, I apologize. I assumed we werenā€™t so limitedā€¦ My apologies to you and Pat.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what else it could have been lol. I donā€™t actually have unilateral governmental power.

I would say at bare minimum, weā€™re limited to the viewpoints of those in the discussion, as theyā€™re the only ones we can confirm exist. I donā€™t pretend to speak for others moral feelings, and wouldnā€™t dream of entertaining someone who was trying to do so.

My apologies.

1 Like

Yeah, lets get rid of protected classes. Arguably, they all hold irrational beliefs. By definitionā€¦

Thatā€™s Senator Pat to you!

1 Like

Well then how bout it senator? Defund PP and all abortion offering services in exchange for taxing churches?