T Nation

Hi God. Are You There? Are You Real?

Is this something a majority of people support and the SCOTUS is going to have a ruling on soon? I don’t think so. I don’t understand the need to go down every possible thing people could do nor will I try to predict the future. Could people marry themselves one day? No idea. It was unheard of to have people of different races marry at one point. Then it became supported and allowed. This happened with gay marriage. I won’t predict the future of marriage as I have no idea.

I remain unsure why it bothers you so much. You still haven’t told me what effect it has on your life. Why is it so much more important than anything else you don’t like? You can probably come up with about a million things state, local, and federal governments do that have an impact on your life much more than this. Yet you’re really hung up on this single thing.

We only discuss what the majority have already put before the court? Is this a rule you consistently follow?

Not an easy answer? These are consenting adults that do exist, they aren’t hypothetical. I mean, you either support asexual and polyamorous marriages based on earlier arguments you’ve made. Or, we can discard those arguments.

I don’t really have much of an opinion to be honest. Since these things seem far fetched from happening I don’t feel the need to really explore the possibility. The definition of marriage has changed many times over history. Maybe it will in the future. Who knows? I think it makes sense to discuss things that currently seem plausible or likely to happen.

I remain unsure why it bothers you so much. You still haven’t told me what effect it has on your life. Why is it so much more important than anything else you don’t like? You can probably come up with about a million things state, local, and federal governments do that have an impact on your life much more than this. Yet you’re really hung up on this single thing.

You’ve never watched Black Mirror lol? I’d be all for it if 2 separate consciousnesses which are both aware and sentient exist within a single body.

Black Mirror is one of my favorite shows. My wife loves it as well.

The wife who I’m with despite gay marriage. Who I have a kid with despite gay marriage. Maybe we’re just lucky?

You feel this strongly about discrimination, fairness, and equality and you don’t have an opinion about other groups of consenting adults who could, and do, adopt your arguments? What is it about binary homosexuality that grabs your passion, and these others your apathy? Present fashion?

Marriage is a contract between 2 parties. If, for example, one party happens to take the form of a burning bush through spiritual intervention, then there would be something to debate.

I feel like almost all questions you’ve posed I’ve answered and feel like you’ve ignored the vast majority of ones I’ve posed.

That could be changed. Just like it being between a man and woman.

No, I’ve answered through the entire thread, over and over again.

Or people of different races.

Do you support the change in number for the benefit of consenting asexual and polyamorous adults?

Think I’ve only posted this 5 or 6 times in a row now.

And answered throughout. See again my statement about the role of Gov. and its blindness unless attention is prompted by some inherent critical function.

Entering into a legally binding contract with oneself? Don’t be silly.

Which we’ve gone over a million times. We get that you don’t think gays have a critical function. It’s pretty standard for religious people to look down upon others. It’s really nothing new. They did it during the interracial marriage debate as well.

I would like you to tell me if gay marriage has changed your life and if it has tell me why.

Why not? So long as the terms agreed to before the state are adhered to.

My point exactly, actually. Now can you answer the auto/poly question?

Already did also see above I edited.

Arbitrary apathy? You don’t have an opinion is your answer?