Hi God. Are You There? Are You Real?

Wow, just tried to speed read the last fifty posts and saw clearly you have all been trolled so bad by @Sloth.

Welcome to the world of fundamentalist Christian trolling. Well played.

Now that we know @Sloth is a fucking troll, and he is, we can all just ignore him.

Never thought I would say this, but I hope this is a thread killer.

Stop engaging with this dogmatic asshole.

A troll wouldn’t be sincere, no? I am. Nice to meet you.

No, you’re not. You’re an asshole and not sincere.

I will not engage with you. I suggest others follow my lead.

Ok. Well, you can’t please everyone all the time. Take care.

Do not engage with this troll.

That’s exactly how a troll would respond.

I tried to research this claim and couldn’t find supporting evidence.

Hey! You’re not the boss of Z man and the rest!

What if all the trolls were gay?

What if?

What if people want to marry themselves?

Thank you @Legalsteel

What does this have to do with gay marriage?

People have always been weird. You just hear about it more with the internet. Most of the things people freak out about have happened for forever now we just know about it.

But this doesn’t have anything to do with gay marriage so not sure why it’s brought up in the debate. I love cadbury eggs.

Saying what if people marry pencils, trees, themselves, etc has nothing to do with gay marriage anymore than heterosexual marriage.

I remain unsure why it bothers you so much. You still haven’t told me what effect it has on your life. Why is it so much more important than anything else you don’t like? You can probably come up with about a million things state, local, and federal governments do that have an impact on your life much more than this. Yet you’re really hung up on this single thing.

Consenting adult. Doesn’t impact John Doe’s marriage. Why wouldn’t we look at and discuss it?

Would you like to do this for every possible weird and singular thing people could marry? Seems pretty fruitless to talk about something one individual is doing. Is this an issue that the SCOTUS has brought up and ruled upon? I don’t feel the need to explore all the possible things people could be attracted to. If you want to waste mental time knock yourself out.

I remain unsure why it bothers you so much. You still haven’t told me what effect it has on your life. Why is it so much more important than anything else you don’t like? You can probably come up with about a million things state, local, and federal governments do that have an impact on your life much more than this. Yet you’re really hung up on this single thing.

Yes. However, let’s not forget the plural arrangements which could have a state recognized marriage. Don’t forget the polyamorous.

I suppose they could or could not. If a majority of people end up supporting something and then the Supreme Court agrees with them then maybe people marrying themselves happens someday.

Since the likelihood of that happening anytime soon isn’t real I don’t feel like wasting a lot of time with hypotheticals today. I feel like I’ve done that plenty in this thread.

You guys wanted to keep it discussing it. I joined in over here from the other thread.

But, to be consistent, you support it, right?

I don’t mind discussing things I simply said I’m over hypotheticals that are insanely far fetched.

What is insanely far-fetched? You can’t discuss auto sexual and polyamorous marriage though the same principles demand your support for them?

Is that not odd considering the case for homo marriage was made off of reference to hetero marriage?

Do you generally not discuss things until they’re before the USSC?