Hi God. Are You There? Are You Real?

See? I donā€™t flip out at all.

But you still think we should be forced to entertain your illusions I bet lol

Not to accept them, or pretend that you do. Thatā€™s the spirit! Put a little oomph into it.

I completely understand. Hopefully itā€™s effective enough lol

Then along came the Bill of Rights.

Unless you hand out marriage licenses or bake cakes.

No sir. See, relevant threads.

This is a thread where you get to tell me God doesnā€™t exist. You doubt god exists, You donā€™t know if God exists. Or, hey, maybe you believe God exists (weā€™re talking outside of our feelingsā€¦). Or, whatever about that existence. My pulse wonā€™t even pick up, either way.

100% not trolling and not trying to be pedantic. Iā€™m actually blatantly accusing you of being intellectually dishonest.

You donā€™t think we should be forced to entertain your illusions, just fund them.

Edit: also -insert gay marriage line here-

You arenā€™t forced to fund my illusions. Youā€™re forced to pay for medicaid. Now, my tax dollars going to universities accepting public funds while teaching contrary to my beliefsā€¦Including on gender. Thank you mandatory speech class telling me I must call heā€™s sheā€™s.

Religious belief is a protected class, isnā€™t it?

Even you, if your faith is true, have doubts. That was faith is, believing in the face of doubt.

No interest. Doesnā€™t bother me either way what you feel about the existence of God. I have no requirements that you humor me, even if you think it all exists in my mind.

Gosh, you should see the attempts to not answer things we already know in a recent thread. And, ok. But, I disagree.

Of course I am. Churches not paying income or property taxes is a direct subsidation of the religious industry.

Without said subsidation, my tax burden decreases by a non zero number. That is a mathematical fact.

Someone is sad. Iā€™m sorry I pointed out reality to you.

Which is fine, tbh. Not by my standards, but clearly by society.

I donā€™t really take issue with you thinking America should subsidize religion, as most are religious.

But own it.

Oh no worries, you didnā€™t. No offense taken!

We have to accommodate religion, by law.

Fund != Accommodate.

But yes, I understand the current law is reflective of religious people forcing society to subsidize their religion.