Hi Everyone! To Begin V-Diet 3-24

Hi my name is Lexee, I’m 23 and I am about to begin the velocity diet. Everytime I go to ask a nutrition professional if they have ever heard of it, they just look at me funny.

With that being said, Im kinda skeptical but have some assurance when i see that my friend from work and how much he has lost. ( he went from 280 in November to 226 in February, something like that. The results were tremendous)

Anyway my reasons for doing this diet are:

1. I would like to get a jumpstart on my tremendous weight loss before i see my mom, whom which I haven’t seen since I was a freshman in college. ( 5 years ago.)
  2. I want my mom to see me the way I was before she left.

3.I like this fast results the V-Diet has to offer.
the only thing im scared of is taking the HOT-ROX. I just do not wanna have a heart attack or something while im on the threadmill. I hope the stimulants in the HOT-ROX won’t harm me.

So far, my exercise routine includes 3 days of cardio and 2 days of weight train with a personal trainer. I plan on Modifying the diet by eating 1 meal every other day instead of once a week but continuing the shakes.

I just hope I will be able to produce real results by working out so much and drinking a lot of water and taking the shakes. When i get my digital camera, I will take pics so you guys will be seeing the orig stats. I only plan on doing this diet for 28 days at least and 40 days at most.
If any one has any pointers for me please I would really appreciate them.

I don’t see any question mark in here. Anyway, there’s like a million posts dealing with the V-Diet. Read up and best of luck.

You should really read Gus’s Physique Clinic, it sounds like you have a lot of holes in your “modified” version. I would suggest reading everything you can and doing the diet as strictly as possible.

As for the trainer, there is really no need. Try doing Shugs’s original lifting program and cut the cardio, doing extra cardio won’t speed up the fat loss, it most likely will halt it and you’ll lose some muscle and mental sanity.

The personal trainer will just cost you money that you don’t need to spend, and if there is someone distracting you from keeping to your rest periods the training won’t work.

My suggestion is to read everything you can before you start.

What does your caloric intake look like? What supps are you going to take?

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
You should really read Gus’s Physique Clinic, it sounds like you have a lot of holes in your “modified” version. I would suggest reading everything you can and doing the diet as strictly as possible.

As for the trainer, there is really no need. Try doing Shugs’s original lifting program and cut the cardio, doing extra cardio won’t speed up the fat loss, it most likely will halt it and you’ll lose some muscle and mental sanity.

The personal trainer will just cost you money that you don’t need to spend, and if there is someone distracting you from keeping to your rest periods the training won’t work.

-dizzle[/quote]

Hi Dizzle,
Thanks for your “educated” input, I am in a contract with the trainer so there’s no getting out of it. either way it provides discipline in my opinion. I lost 20 lbs and gained muscle with him the 1st time around anyway.

I am trying to follow it as strictly as possible but my friend even suggested that i eat every other day.

The Caloric intake that i am doing now according to the trainer is 1500 per day.

I am going to be taking the following ( it’s what my friend did and what he suggested for me.)
-Optimum Nutrition Casiene Protein

• Flax Seeds
  • Biotest HOT-ROX ( i really hope my heart won’t beat fast from this or that I wont be able to sleep)
    -Natural Colon Cleanse fiber supplement
    -Fish Oil
    Thats it for now.
    My stats
    i will do tomorrow morning

[quote]lexee_tha_great wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

-dizzle
Hi Dizzle,
Thanks for your “educated” input, I am in a contract with the trainer so there’s no getting out of it. either way it provides discipline in my opinion. I lost 20 lbs and gained muscle with him the 1st time around anyway.

I am trying to follow it as strictly as possible but my friend even suggested that i eat every other day.

The Caloric intake that i am doing now according to the trainer is 1500 per day.

I am going to be taking the following ( it’s what my friend did and what he suggested for me.)

• Flax Seeds
  • Biotest HOT-ROX ( i really hope my heart won’t beat fast from this or that I wont be able to sleep)
    -Fish Oil
    Thats it for now.
    My stats

[/quote]

I’m not sure what you’r insinuating by putting educated in quotation marks, but if you’re trying to be sarcastic I’ll have you know that I just finished the v-diet, I’m doing it again, and I’ve read just about everything ever written on it so the input you get from me will be as educated as it gets.

Secondly, why would you take the advice of some friend rather than the dude who created the diet in the first place? Your friend told you to eat a solid meal every other day? So what? Unless your friend is Chris Shugart I would suggest sticking with the diet 100%. You can still lose weight doing it your way as people have done in the past, but the diet is proven to work much better if you use shakes only and have 1 solid meal per week, I don’t know why you would shortchange yourself great progress.

Also, do your calories fluctuate from training days to off-days? You only listed that you’ll be getting 1500 cals. 1500 cals seems a little high, too, most men that do the diet get around 1400 on off-days.

Make sure you get flax meal rather than flax seeds, btw, and some natural PB, too.

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
lexee_tha_great wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

-dizzle

Hi Dizzle,

• Flax Seeds
    -Fish Oil
    Thats it for now.
    My stats

I’m not sure what you’r insinuating by putting educated in quotation marks, but if you’re trying to be sarcastic I’ll have you know that I just finished the v-diet, I’m doing it again, and I’ve read just about everything ever written on it so the input you get from me will be as educated as it gets.

Secondly, why would you take the advice of some friend rather than the dude who created the diet in the first place? Your friend told you to eat a solid meal every other day? So what? Unless your friend is Chris Shugart I would suggest sticking with the diet 100%. You can still lose weight doing it your way as people have done in the past, but the diet is proven to work much better if you use shakes only and have 1 solid meal per week, I don’t know why you would shortchange yourself great progress.

Also, do your calories fluctuate from training days to off-days? You only listed that you’ll be getting 1500 cals. 1500 cals seems a little high, too, most men that do the diet get around 1400 on off-days.

Make sure you get flax meal rather than flax seeds, btw, and some natural PB, too.

-dizzle[/quote]

OK WHOOA WHOOA WHOOA first of all if the side affects of the V-Diet include catching a stank attitude I think i will just try to lose the weight again the healthy way without starving myself and being funky with others because of that. I wasn’t tryna to be rude i think you totally misunderstood me with the quotation marks. I was actually complimenting you on the fact that you elaborated for me on the specs of the diet and giving me a lot more insight on it, unlike “Lixy” who replied earlier in this in my post. Oh and yes I think it would help to listen to the creator of this diet as well. However, I just joined this site and therefore I have just begun my research but before then, I was listening to what my friend ( who has lost 50lbs on this diet) so im trying to take in as much as possible. I actually read the clinic physique. It was Awesome and it offered alot more strategy then my friend did. The only reason why im sold is because of his results from doing this diet. So once again, I apologize if you thought I was tryna be rude with my quote marks. Oh and yes I will definitely get some flax meal hopefully it will hep me get through the 1st week to get over that hump. :slight_smile:

[quote]lexee_tha_great wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:
lexee_tha_great wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:

-dizzle

Hi Dizzle,

• Flax Seeds
    -Fish Oil
    Thats it for now.
    My stats

-dizzle

OK WHOOA WHOOA WHOOA first of all if the side affects of the V-Diet include catching a stank attitude I think i will just try to lose the weight again the healthy way without starving myself and being funky with others because of that. I wasn’t tryna to be rude i think you totally misunderstood me with the quotation marks. I was actually complimenting you on the fact that you elaborated for me on the specs of the diet and giving me a lot more insight on it, unlike “Lixy” who replied earlier in this in my post. Oh and yes I think it would help to listen to the creator of this diet as well. However, I just joined this site and therefore I have just begun my research but before then, I was listening to what my friend ( who has lost 50lbs on this diet) so im trying to take in as much as possible. I actually read the clinic physique. It was Awesome and it offered alot more strategy then my friend did. The only reason why im sold is because of his results from doing this diet. So once again, I apologize if you thought I was tryna be rude with my quote marks. Oh and yes I will definitely get some flax meal hopefully it will hep me get through the 1st week to get over that hump. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

It’s all good, I was just clarifying. A lot of people come on this site asking for advice and give guff in return, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Just make sure that before you start the diet you know everything you can. I’d honestly say to take the advice of the people on this site over anything. I’m not sure when your friend did the diet, but it’s been modified for the better a few times.

Anyway, post your stats and pics whenever you get a chance.

-dizzle

I would at least try to do the diet as stated, contrary to popular opinion you don’t drop dead from not eating. I’ve had people with a bulk of nutritional knowledge tell me id lose all my muscle on this diet. we’ll im on the third go on the diet and am as strong as ever and have lost almost all fat. just try to tough it out with 1 hsm a week, youll see so much more fat loss from this, even if your trainer says otherwise. Also listen to dizz as to cutting the cardio and uping the weight training a little, this helps retain the muscle.