T Nation

HGH?

Hi all!

Been doing some reading on this forum (and site in general) for a while now, not only for training and nutritional purposes but also because I’m considering my first cycle.

Been trying to find some information on this forum on human growth hormone (HGH), but without any success.

I am able to get HGH directly from the pharmacies here so I know the stuff is good. I guess my question is; anyone here with any experience using HGH? What other drugs to stack with, dosage etc.

Cheers!

Tor

It seems gh is not used much by guys on this forum. i asked a similar question a while back. it seems guys feel you can make gains with regular gear and not run the risk associated with gh.
gh and insulin seem to be a popular stack, but extremely dangerous,like you could kill yourself dangerous. so i would stay away from that. otherwise a high anabolic and at least 4 i.u.per day. the norm seems to be around 6-10 i.u. per day

Most guys around here will tell you that I’m the go-to-guy for HGH info and use.

But with that said, I wouldn’t recommend it… not for you anyway. I am in no way trying to be a prick. This is your very first cycle. I had 8 cycles under my belt before I tried HGH. Regardless of HGH’s hefty price, I feel it’s use is a last resort. I played around with different chemicals and dosages, increasing usage over the years to LEARN (yes…LEARN!) about what works and doesn’t work for me.

In all honesty, use your first cycle as a learning experience, then learn from your second, your third, etc. Give yourself a good foundation of knowledge before dipping into the HGH pool. Good luck.

I probably won’t bother with HGH till I’m in my 30’s. Too much $ for what it does. Plus I’ll almost need it by then :slight_smile:

[quote]MassNutrition wrote:
Most guys around here will tell you that I’m the go-to-guy for HGH info and use.

But with that said, I wouldn’t recommend it… not for you anyway. I am in no way trying to be a prick. This is your very first cycle. I had 8 cycles under my belt before I tried HGH. Regardless of HGH’s hefty price, I feel it’s use is a last resort. I played around with different chemicals and dosages, increasing usage over the years to LEARN (yes…LEARN!) about what works and doesn’t work for me.

In all honesty, use your first cycle as a learning experience, then learn from your second, your third, etc. Give yourself a good foundation of knowledge before dipping into the HGH pool. Good luck.[/quote]

massnutrition,
I know you said 8 cycles under your belt, but how old were you at the time, and how many yrs. had you been juicing?

MK

HGH does not do much if anything on its own for muscularity. In conjunction with other steriods it does work well.
My opinion the risks are just to high to consider HGH. We’re talking permanent alterations to you body structure, including increasing organ size (why you see alot of “pros” who are ripped, yet their gut still sticks out). Accelerated growth of cartalidge (like ears and nose), etc. Granted you have to do A LOT to make such things noticable, but you really have to evaluate cost/ benifit. If you have a need to be say 5’10" and 315 lbs. You will probably need GH to achive such a goal. But if you want to get ahead, add some wieght and strength. There are far better options than GH. Besides, it is way expentsive and unstable. It gets warm, it’s useless.

Hey Mike,

I started juicing when I was 26 yrs old. I didn’t try HGH with a cycle until I was about 30. So on average, I was doing two cycles per year, for four years, before I got into HGH use. I also did a couple of years of research on AAS use, insulin, and HGH even before I poked my first needle. At the end of it all, I still say research is key, then personal experience. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hi Guys,

I am looking into dropping coin on a cycle of HGH to run w/ my winny/deca. I have seen around on the boards that some people run alot of chromium along with the HGH to keep insulin levels in check.

Do any of you guys know the effectiveness of this? Chromium obviously bieng a less expensive route than HCG.

Best regards,

Pacman

What is your situation and goals man ? I wouldnt even consider HGH unless i was competing or 70 years old and looking for an extra kick in the pants.HGH is difficult to use properly and is very rarely used by it self there are so many factors i wont even get into it.

I stand by what i said.Maybe i should of said “hard to use properly”.There are so many other factors in HGH use than AAS and anyone who has ever been around the BB scence knows this.

Proper dosing

Proper time of administration

Monitoring blood levels

Silly costs

Risk of serious side effects with doses needed to put on substanital mass

Etc…

Ill stand by what i said i would not touch HGH unless i was in serious competition and needed another alternative to spurt growth.For the run of the mill AAS user i would pass on HGH.Just my opinion of course and i agree i should of stated more reasons my bad.

The 70 year old comment was not to be taken seriously and you are correct ive been out of the loop for a very long time.Many things have changed since then im sure.Was just giving my opinion and i do appreciate the critque as long as it doesnt get personal im all for learning more through educating not bashing.

Anyhow thats that i look foward to learning more since things have obviously changed a great deal thats the reason im here i was just giving a prespective from back in the day.

I have to agree with CalKing. Recent articles in mainstream publications have discussed that men in their mid 30’ begin to show the need for gH supplementation. My trainer has helped me along with this and I have done so much reading I am comfortable with my choice.

I am 45 and am finishing my 7th week of gH (I did not do gH with anything else). I am on a two day on two day off cycle of 3mg per day. I make sure to get plenty of protein every 2 1/2 hours. I am just amazed the quality of my muscle and my bodyfat reduction. My stubborn mid-section (that last remaining fat area that is hard to get rid of) has seen a tremendous decrease in size. I have worked out for over 20 years and my shirts are tighter (chest shoulders, arms), my pants are loser in the waist, and my legs are more defined. I have a body composition test again in 1 month to see what has changed numerically. I even eliminated a day of some cardio and am doing 30-40 minutes three times a week, which has helped as well in gaining muscle.

The other benefits are that I truly feel great and an overall sense of energy. A great benefit is an increased sexual appetite and just better sex.

I did change my dosage in the 5th week by allowing an extra day off as I was getting sore knuckles, wrists, feet and ankles (which is one side effect that gH users can get and the remedy is to reduce the dosage or increase the period of time bewteen doasages). This reduced the problem and it is almost gone.

Obviously this is my experience and each person will have their own experience. It worked for me and people at the office over these past few weeks have even commented to me how I have really grown and how great I look. So I am nearly sold on gH as a long term option.

[quote]mac750 wrote:
I have to agree with CalKing. Recent articles in mainstream publications have discussed that men in their mid 30’ begin to show the need for gH supplementation. My trainer has helped me along with this and I have done so much reading I am comfortable with my choice.

I am 45 and am finishing my 7th week of gH (I did not do gH with anything else). I am on a two day on two day off cycle of 3mg per day. I make sure to get plenty of protein every 2 1/2 hours. I am just amazed the quality of my muscle and my bodyfat reduction. My stubborn mid-section (that last remaining fat area that is hard to get rid of) has seen a tremendous decrease in size. I have worked out for over 20 years and my shirts are tighter (chest shoulders, arms), my pants are loser in the waist, and my legs are more defined. I have a body composition test again in 1 month to see what has changed numerically. I even eliminated a day of some cardio and am doing 30-40 minutes three times a week, which has helped as well in gaining muscle.

The other benefits are that I truly feel great and an overall sense of energy. A great benefit is an increased sexual appetite and just better sex.

I did change my dosage in the 5th week by allowing an extra day off as I was getting sore knuckles, wrists, feet and ankles (which is one side effect that gH users can get and the remedy is to reduce the dosage or increase the period of time bewteen doasages). This reduced the problem and it is almost gone.

Obviously this is my experience and each person will have their own experience. It worked for me and people at the office over these past few weeks have even commented to me how I have really grown and how great I look. So I am nearly sold on gH as a long term option. [/quote]

That sounds great bro…I am starting my GH cycle today or tomorrow. Am interested to knowing if you gained or lost weight overall during the cycle AND, what about any lingering injuries / tendonitis you may have had. Did GH help with that?

JRR641:

As far as weight gain or loss, I have not seen a significant amount of change to say that the reason is without a doubt due to the gH. I have lost 5 lbs but cannot attribute that to gH…in my opinion. When not on it, I have fluctuated at times by that amount. I know that I have grown muscle and lost fat just from feeling how shirts and pants fit…that tells me without a doubt something has changed (it’s an awesome feeling to have polo shirt sleeves so tight). When I get my measurements and body composition retaken, that will be the numerical indicator. The fact that people are commenting both at the gym and at the office is really out of character and that is also an indication as well.

If you are asking about whether gH helped any prior injuries, I did not have any so I do not know if this would be the case.

what I have learned from using HGH.
Is yes they are some risks and side effects. like if you have a tumor/cancer inside you it’s going to grow at a alarming rate.

So what I did was to get PET scan. when you get a PET they inject you with a radioactive isotope that’s sugar based. well all cells love sugar for energy. especially tumors/cancers. then they put you in a machine like a CT scan. and they scan you from mid thigh to your skull. and if you have any tumor/cancer it’s going to light up like a light bulb.

the gut thing that some BB have or get is from IGF-1 usage or from using Monsanto’s Bovine somatotropin. some people!!

I am 42 and I have done several cycles, never used gh until now. This is the first time with a Dr. and the results are very good. I am on week 8 of 2 iu’s of gh for 5 on and 2 off, 200mg of test weekly and arimidex 3x’s per week.

I gained about 12 lbs of mostly water weight in the first 2 to 3 weeks. I felt “puffy” and had some numbness in my hands at night. I dropped about 5 lbs around week 6 or 7 and the fat has been melting away daily. I lowered my dose from 2.5 units to 2 units at week 7 and the numbness in my hands has gotten much better and the puffiness has gone away. Work outs are great and recovery is excellent, I love this stuff.

[quote]bolo99 wrote:
the gut thing that some BB have or get is from IGF-1 usage or from using Monsanto’s Bovine somatotropin. some people!!
[/quote]

Hate to be the one to break it to you but all of GH’s anabolic effects are mediated throught IGF-1 release in the liver. So whether you use GH or go straight to the source by using Igf-1 some organ growth is possible with both. It all depends on the dose however. Do you think Markus Ruhl is only using 5 i.u’s a day? Highly doubt it.

On a side note I’m on my 5th day of LR3-IGF1 at 60 mcg and it is AMAZING.

Love GH on my 6th month of 5 ius a day and th size is incredible…I wouldnt train with out it…its fairly cheap and I have never seen any bad side effects and I train pro bodybuilders…I think the gut bloat is more from Insulin …I tried IGF and dint get much from it…my body fat is downt to about 8% and i eat at burger king daily. Love gh 6 pac abs year around without trying

Any numbing of the hands? I am wondering if this is a temporary side.

Burger king daily, jesus christ…
sore knuckles, wrists, feet and ankles

That sounds good to me :slight_smile:

I can’t wait till I use my first ‘juice’ , it’s gonna taste good