T Nation

HGH + T3 or T4?

Hey Guys,
Looking for some advice.
I'll be starting a cycle in the New Year HGH (4IU's/day) with Test 400 (400mgs/wk) and Novaldex (20mgs/day)
My question is whether to add T3 or T4.

I've read that when taking HGH you need to ramp up your Thyroid to take advantage of the GH.
A lot of guys have been using T3 but I read an article from a physician that stated T4 is more beneficial because the conversion of T4 to T3 works better and is more anabolic than taking T3 which can be catabolic.
Any thoughts or experience that can point me in the right direction?

Would also appreciate the dosages for both.
Thanks

The reasoning that T4 to T3 conversion is somehow less catabolic is nonsense. The only way that would be true is if you didnt get full convesion to T3 from the T4. If you dose your T3 correctly, this is not an issue. The HGH and Test will all but ensure you do not go catabolic as long as you are not a retard dosing your T3.

T3 is superior to T4. Its the active version the body uses so it does not need to undergo conversion before it can be utilized. It also has a much much much shorter half life, so if you take too much, it is out of your system in a matter of hours as opposed to days (up to a week).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I thought subQ HGH injections were acceptable practice? At least I thought you weren't 'against' them?

Thanks for all the info: greatly appreciate your help!
If you don't take GH sub Q, what is the most effective method?
Also wondering what the proper dose of T3 to take? 50mcg?
I do plan on 8IU's EOD for the GH.
Thanks Bro

IM injections are the most practical way to effectively use GH.

Some people have gone IV. The apprehension towards this is understandable though.

Thanks Bro,
Everyone I know always takes GH SubQ: I never thought about IM... interesting!
Thanks for the info!

Hey Bushidobadboy,
Any chance I can email you directly?
Thanks,

Thats me LOL. OK, next time I use GH (I'm going to try and buy myself at least 3 months worth for the summer) I'll make sure I do IM.

Also, if I don't write this no I'll forget for another 3 weeks, here is your testimonial for the site:

Alex treated me for lower back problems and chronic RSI (repetitive strain injury) in both forearms. The exercises he prescribed eliminated the problem in just over 2 months. Whilst diagnosing he also detected a postural problem which a very experienced Chiropractor and a Physiotherapist had previously overlooked that had been caused by the amount of driving I do. He prescribed a very effective and simple exercise which corrected the problem almost immediately. I was very pleased with the standard of treatment and its effectiveness.

John

London

Hey BBB
I tried to Google Human Performance Solutions but there was several companies came back & it didn't really point me in the right direction.
I tried to PM you but I'm not sure if it went through or not, I didn't get any kind of confirmation.
Let me know if you got it, if not I'll try again.
Thanks again!

Hey BBB
I don't know what's up with my Google Search: I don't get anything that shows up with co dot uk on any of the pages that come back when searching Human Performance Solutions.
Can you PM me and I can send you my email address?
Thanks again,

Here's a link.

http://www.humanperformancesolutions.co.uk/

Hey BBB I think I recall you mentioning in the past how T3 is some nasty stuff and to not mess around with it. Has your opinion on it changed? I have heard some good things about it and would love to take some for ~4 weeks but don't want to be screwing up my natural levels long term. I have heard various opinions on how long shut down takes.

Some say 4 weeks is fine and will have no negative long term effects, others say you will permanently screw up your levels or at least mess them up long enough to negate any extra fat loss you got during the 4 weeks. Lastly, I have heard that it catabolizes muscle just as much as fat. Thoughts?

If I was to take it for 4 weeks it would likely be in the next 2 months, when I would not be on anything (1-2 months off a first DS cycle) so the muscle loss would definitely be a concern.

Sorry, I can write another one kinda same same but different and email it if that helps?

I'm guessing not though LOL