HGH Stimulation

I’m new here (first post)—just turned 62 but folks are kind enough to tell me I look 10 yrs younger—good genes, I guess–have been working out since age 14 but did everything wrong till I discovered this website. Overtrained on single joint movements for years. Got inspired looking at Old Navy’s pictures.

Could someone point me in the right direction as far as exercising for maximum HGH stimulation at my age? T levels are still good and I’d like to keep them that way as well. Have been reading about 6-12-25 rep scheme, 25 rep squats, etc.
Are those okay for a guy of my age? Anything better?
I appreciate any guidance and have plenty of time to read
any threads you recommend.

Thanks

Sherekahn

Old Navy is quite something that’s for sure.

If you search the net for ‘increasing growth hormone’ you’ll get a lot of advertising for dubious “remedies” and so on but also some articles. Sure enough the best way to elevate gh naturally is exercise - weight training and aerobic both do it apparently.

I can’t add much to that unfortunately, just encouragement. If it’s like stimulating Test then the exercise needs to be fairly intense.

The rep scheme sounds fine, but there are plenty of articles on this site that should give you more inspiration and some structured ideas on how to set about the training.

A couple of years ago a friend gave me Shippen’s book on T and another book by an
MD on HGH. My alzheimer’s just kicked in and I can’t remember the title or the author
at the moment but he recommended mostly
multijoint movements and suggested working a muscle or muscle group every 5th day if you didn’t do whole body workouts 3 x week.
From that I came up with a push, pull, legs
routine that went 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off.
Now, I am leaning more towards 3 total body workouts per week and am trying to manipulate the rep scheme (as well as the time of day I work out, when I eat my carbs, etc) to maximize both T and HGH. I understand that what is best for T is not necessarily best for HGH and vice versa.
Am trying to come up with a comprehensive plan to get the best of two worlds. Problem is, I get confused, overwhelmed,
etc. so I wanted to pick the brains of some
of the memebers of this website. My alzheimer’s again—still trying to remember where I hid my Easter eggs last
spring.

Also, I feel that I will need to change up from time to time.

The trend I am seeing in articles re stimulating HGH is

SPRINT WORKOUTS

A recent men’s journal article recommends that. I have seen it in other mags, I have seen it also suggested on T-Nation.

This seems to be the trend (fad?) – a 20 minute or so Sprinting Workout.

The only online link I have for you is from the atkins site (sorry) but it will give you a feel for it:

www.atkins.com/newsletter-archive/may-2007-newsletter

Two words: Training log.

I use a log to remember what I’m doing and to push myself harder. “Hmmm I did ten reps of 60 last workout. I need to hit eleven reps with 60 today.”

Thanks for the Atkins link e-loo and happydog48, you are spot on. I started one.

Am experimenting with HITT and the aforementioned rep schemes, Olympic lifts, etc. I guess what I’m looking for is
something that will help me maximize testosterone and human growth hormone
simultaneously. Haven’t been tested for T but wake up with a diamond cutter most mornings so I’m assuming it’s good for my age. Want to maximize hgh without lowering t. I realize what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for another and what works for me today may not work next week.

Thanks again

Here’s what Christian Thibaudeau has to say about it:

Density: The amount of work performed per unit of time (higher reps and/or shorter rests). A higher density of work increases lactic acid production, which has been shown to lead to the release of hGH. Density is probably the most important factor involved in strength training as far as modulating hGH release goes.

TUT: Time Under Tension. A greater TUT can also increase lactic acid production provided that it doesn’t go beyond 120-180 seconds per set.

Obviously, you need excellent nutritional support as well. One of the things I’ve noticed in my own training/nutrition is not to skimp on the fats in my diet. I used to eat only egg whites and never the yolks, but I’ve found that I recover better and my testosterone levels do better when I include the yolks. I take plenty of fish oil and the addition of the yolks has had no effect on my cholesterol levels.

[quote]happydog48 wrote:
One of the things I’ve noticed in my own training/nutrition is not to skimp on the fats in my diet. I used to eat only egg whites and never the yolks, but I’ve found that I recover better and my testosterone levels do better when I include the yolks. I take plenty of fish oil and the addition of the yolks has had no effect on my cholesterol levels. [/quote]

Yeah, but with the extra fat, what about your waistline?

At your age why not just go on hormone replacement? You will feel and perform 20 years younger. I will never buy into the fact that you can stimulate GH to a degree that makes a bit of difference. The best Gh stimulator is 2-4iu’s per day and an insulin syringe.

Sounds good all right. Is it cost prohibitive? I am completely ignorant
but have heard estimates like $30,000/yr.

Talked to a friend today who has a brother
paying $500 for one injection. Don’t know how much the injection is or how often he takes them but he is huge—huge and young.
I am as big as I care to get—am just interested in the anti-aging side.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
happydog48 wrote:
One of the things I’ve noticed in my own training/nutrition is not to skimp on the fats in my diet. I used to eat only egg whites and never the yolks, but I’ve found that I recover better and my testosterone levels do better when I include the yolks. I take plenty of fish oil and the addition of the yolks has had no effect on my cholesterol levels.

Yeah, but with the extra fat, what about your waistline?
[/quote]

No effect because I count calories and figure the fat from the yolks into my calorie budget for the day. Adding calories from one source means subtracting them from another. It’s very simple.

[quote]sherekahn wrote:

paying $500 for one injection. Don’t know how much the injection is or how often he takes them but he is huge—huge and young.
I am as big as I care to get—am just interested in the anti-aging side.[/quote]

There’s good information at lef.com on the anti-aging aspects. GH is expensive. However, IGF-1 is available without prescription and many find that its effects are similar. One of the primary functions of GH is to stimulate the production of IGF-1.

One of the articles on Growth Hormone at Life Extension Foundation says: “IGF-1 is directly responsible for most of the positive benefits of growth hormone” so it’s certainly worth looking into. As always, reading everything you can find and educating yourself as much as possible should be your first step. IGF-1 therapy is not without side effects and caution is always a good idea.

you should be able to easily find GH for under $4 per iu, i have paid under $2 per iu in bulk so if your friend is paying $500 per shot someone is getting really rick off his ass, LOL. Even at $4 per iu you would be looking at $8 per day so under $3000 for a whole year.

[quote]sherekahn wrote:

I am as big as I care to get—am just interested in the anti-aging side.[/quote]

Bushidobabdboy: I was jesting about alzheimer’s but am experiencing some short term memory loss.
Had never haeard of vinpocetine but will definitely look into it.

Morepain:
Ref the $500 per shot, this is a guy competing in UFC so he has a lot more at stake than I do and presumably a more
lucrative budget. Again, I don’t know how often he takes this shot. The figures you quoted me sound good. Will definitely look into.

Thanks for the help, everybody.