T Nation

HGH or GHR?

I’m thinking I’m not going to choose the HGH because it’s injected and I’m not into needles. So what about the GHR? I assume that it must not be as effective but is it effective enough to be worth the effort? For GHR should I go with the spray, pill, or tablet?

FWIW- I’m 53, been lifting for about a year, getting stronger but I don’t look any bigger and not really losing any weight.

I thought for sure I’d get the answers I’m looking for here. Let’s try again.

[quote]Jetboy1 wrote:
I’m thinking I’m not going to choose the HGH because it’s injected and I’m not into needles. So what about the GHR? I assume that it must not be as effective but is it effective enough to be worth the effort? For GHR should I go with the spray, pill, or tablet?

FWIW- I’m 53, been lifting for about a year, getting stronger but I don’t look any bigger and not really losing any weight.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve always hated HGH myself.
How about LOF(lots of food)? It’s a really good supplement and can work wonders for adding muscle.

Why would you want a glute-ham-raise in pill form?

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
Why would you want a glute-ham-raise in pill form?[/quote]

dude I died laughing when I saw the thread name. Maybe he confused IGF-1 with GHR?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Dave_ wrote:
Why would you want a glute-ham-raise in pill form?

dude I died laughing when I saw the thread name. Maybe he confused IGF-1 with GHR?[/quote]

I guess I’m too big a noob to get the joke. GHR = Growth Hormone Releaser or at least that’s what I intended. What else does GHR stand for?

1 year isnt much time. I wouldn’t consider using drugs to enhance my performance until I started to platue heavily and reached “eliet” levels of strength. When you can deadlift twice you body weight squat 1.5 and bench 1 times you body weight. Also there have been good articals on here about priorites. If you arnt improving drugs dont seem to be your solution.

[quote]Jetboy1 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
Dave_ wrote:
Why would you want a glute-ham-raise in pill form?

dude I died laughing when I saw the thread name. Maybe he confused IGF-1 with GHR?

I guess I’m too big a noob to get the joke. GHR = Growth Hormone Releaser or at least that’s what I intended. What else does GHR stand for?

[/quote]

Well I don’t spend much time reading up on supplements as that time is better spent on nutrition or training reading. But since you asked GHR is a popular abbreviations for athletes, powerlifters, and coaches. It stands for Glute ham raise.

a few companies make HGH supplements like body ripped and universal nutrition, but im not to sure if it would be more placebo then something great. i would say TRIBEX if anything at your age.

Em, since when did 2x deadlift and bodyweight bench become elitist lifts?..I must’ve missed the memo. I think I was lifting those weights when I started out.

A lot of people bench bodyweight and squat 1.5x bodyweight the very first time they lift. I would wait A LOT longer than that before trying HGH [of then]. I don’t know much about it, but I don’t GHR would do much for you. I don’t think there’s any OTC oral products that will boost GH very much.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Em, since when did 2x deadlift and bodyweight bench become elitist lifts?..I must’ve missed the memo. I think I was lifting those weights when I started out.
[/quote]

Hu, thats impressive. I must me misquoting one of the authors of this websites.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
1 year isnt much time. I wouldn’t consider using drugs to enhance my performance until I started to platue heavily and reached “eliet” levels of strength. When you can deadlift twice you body weight squat 1.5 and bench 1 times you body weight. Also there have been good articals on here about priorites. If you arnt improving drugs dont seem to be your solution.[/quote]

Elite? Wow I am elite!!

I actually was a week mofo when I started. 1rep max bench(was using flat back and such, real bad form arms flared). I had like 115, 160, and I didn’t know what a deadlift was.