T Nation

HGH (Long Story)

Hi I'm an 18 year old male and recently i had been trying to get some HGH(somatropin) to gain height. I tried going to the doctor with my parents and asking the doctor if he could prescribe me growth-hormone because i was worried about my height. The doctor told me that HGH would not help me get taller and no matter how much i would take my genes could not be changed. Of course i was not happy to hear this considering that i had heard the opposite. He took an x-ray of my hand to estimate how tall i would get and the results were about 175cm. At the time i was 168-169cm, now it's about a year later and i am 173. During that year i had been asking around for legit HGH and found nothing i was told that my best change would be to find someone that had a prescription to help me out and so i did, a kid at my school has growth-hormone deficiency and was willing to sell me some of his for cheap.

The vials he was prescribed that he would put into some box shaped contraption for injections would always leave one dose in each vial for some reason, so instead of throwing them out i convinced him to sell them to me. I want to at least have had tried to do something about my height by taking HGH and if the doctor is right then like i said i at least tried. The plan is to remove that single dose that would be left out from each vial and put into an empty sterile vial.
each dose is 2mg so my question is: would it be enough to take 2mg of Somatropin everyday for a month too see better results in my height or do i need more for a longer period ?

Probably used a pen like most diabetics do. Tbh kid just take your height as is, you’re going to keep growing until approx 25 years old so you’ve still got time, i wouldnt go fucking with HGH just for an extra inch or two. You’re not going to go genetically from 5’8" to 6ft with 2iu growth a day in a single month…

lol are you serious?

Dude im only 5’7". Why are you so worried about your height? Just build muscle and get wider and thicker.

Just curious… what country do you live in?

flipcollar, I am from Iceland

Thank you for your opinion DoctorJekyll :slight_smile: according to a link 1mg equals 3 IU so 2mg would be 6 IU a day not 2. I don’t know what too expect from this regarding my height but surely it could not be that it won’t do anything? Do you have a reason why i should absolutely not at least try this ?

Kid it ain’t gonna work deal with it.

6ui daily? Have fun with those cramps and joint pains.

According to a link? If your doctor says its not going to help you i would take his word for it. Otherwise you are just walking into trouble with no good reason other than you may get an extra inch.

DoctorJekyll. First of all if you read my reply you can clearly see that when i talked about the link, i was referring to the dosages that you calculated wrongly, not whether it would benefit me or not. secondly what is just as clear is the purpose of this thread which is exactly those extra inches that you mentioned.

Why are you so desperate for an extra inch when 1) you’re BARELY on the short side and 2) you might even still be growing?

I might understand this if you were 4’10" or something, but you’re like 5’8" - there are some very impressive individuals on this site who are shorter than you.

What, are you in love with a girl who’s 5’11" and days she won’t date a shorter guy?

I’ve heard lots of stories of doctors being utterly clueless about HRT. Of those, some may have an idea about T-replacement, but know nothing about GH. Can you try another doctor?

haha no it doesn’t have anything to do with a girl. One reason is probably that i was bullied ALLOT and i still get cheap-shots about my height. Things got better when i got a little taller and specially when i put on some muscle (not enhanced) … long story short: i have my reasons and if there is a change for me to get taller why not at least try it

I have thought about trying other doctors but i did go too an endocrinologist, i don’t know about other countries but in Iceland they are the only-ones that can prescribe you hgh, so i don’t think he is clueless but the thing is he told me i didn’t “need” hgh because I’m producing a healthy amount even-tough i wasn’t going to be very tall so he wouldn’t prescribe it too me. My theory is if i take a little more it MIGHT change something and if it won’t I’ll just have too deal with it but at least i tried then.

It’s amazing how everyone (apart from nickels) has this strong opinion about what i am thinking of doing is stupid and that i shouldn’t do it but don’t have a single fucking reason why, nothing to back up their opinion nor any advice or other ways to solve the problem. I don’t recall having said this was a good idea I only asked for advice…

[quote]TheUser wrote:
It’s amazing how everyone (apart from nickels) has this strong opinion about what i am thinking of doing is stupid and that i shouldn’t do it but don’t have a single fucking reason why, nothing to back up their opinion nor any advice or other ways to solve the problem. I don’t recall having said this was a good idea I only asked for advice…[/quote]

You are stupid.

6iu a day for a month isn’t gonna magically make you grow, it’s not going to do anything

imagine if GH could actually do that? Add like 3 inches of height in a month.

Bodybuilders would be a hundred feet tall.

I’m assuming adult bodybuilder’s growth plates have already fused so no they won’t get taller …mine haven’t

Ok kid do it have fun.